Does it seem the Vista class ships have more to offer,

csoud68

but have more xtra cost venues? At some point the only dining options that come with the base cost of the ship will be dining room and lido.

It looks like i would rather cruise a smaller ship and not have the choices if that is how it is.

but have more xtra cost venues? At some point the only dining options that come with the base cost of the ship will be dining room and lido.

It looks like i would rather cruise a smaller ship and not have the choices if that is how it is.

What has changed? You describe the way it was and is (MDR and Lido). Offering other options are just that....options. I guess I can't see your viewpoint. What would be different on a smaller/older/less options ship?

What has changed? You describe the way it was and is (MDR and Lido). Offering other options are just that....options. I guess I can't see your viewpoint. What would be different on a smaller/older/less options ship?
i guess nothing. you are so right. what was i thinking.

What would be different is in the public areas such as entertainment.

For example on Dream class they had a very large venue for comedy club. Vista much smaller so many customer have a problem getting into sea shows they want.

Same as main lounge.

Food choices about the same but have added more pay for choices.

Personally from all we have heard think they did a better job design wise for Dream and Conquest class.

Yes they do they are bigger.

I'm not sure what youre trying to get at with this post but I thought there were plenty of places to eat that were included...Pig N Anchor, Blue Iguana, Guys Burgers, the awesome serenity deck salad bar, the taste bar, seafood shack, the deli just to name afew. I wasn't really blown away by the Vista but I think lack of free food is not a problem what so ever.

I guess I have to ask if you have been on the Vista yet?

Sure, the Vista has more food choices, but not all of them are for extra $$$$. Most of them are included in the cost like the MDR and Lido Buffet.

For instance, I will be going on the Fascination for the first time this Dec. Besides the MDR and Buffet, it only offers Deli, Mongolian, Grill, and Pizza, all of which are free.

Vista has Pig & Anchor BBQ, Cantina (Mexican), Guys Burger, Pizza, JJ Asian Kitchen (lunch), Cucina del Capitano (lunch), Serenity Salad bar, all of which are free.

They are bigger and have more to offer. But I don't think that is a bad thing...at least the more to offer. I don't think I am a fan of mega ships - Magic was bigger than I cared for. But they aren't taking away any free venues but rather adding all those that others have listed. And they are giving you the best of both worlds, say allowing you to have Cucina as a pasta bar during lunch, and then converting it to a whole different experience as a sit down Italian restaurant for a fee with a different and "upscale" menu.

In our experience, Bonsai and JiJi's have been outstanding additions and we are happy to pay the small upcharge because they are unique...as is steakhouse. Our initial impression of Cucina was so-so but will be trying it again in a few months because we can!

We found that although the vista is a huge ship a lot of space is paid space Pixels is huge now vs other ships but you don't have to go through your photos. You can do it on your mobile device. The show lounge is a joke gone are the tables to hold your drinks. The chairs are moveable so the show lounge became the dance lounge after 10. The site line is terrible as there are many poles blocking the view. The walkways are narrow. No longer can I walk side by side with my honey but walk single file one way while other guests are going one way in the other direction. No midship elevator. Only forward and aft to make room for the IMAX. On other ships the lido statioms have different foods. Vista it's the same food at each station

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We found that although the vista is a huge ship a lot of space is paid space Pixels is huge now vs other ships but you don't have to go through your photos. You can do it on your mobile device. The show lounge is a joke gone are the tables to hold your drinks. The chairs are moveable so the show lounge became the dance lounge after 10. The site line is terrible as there are many poles blocking the view. The walkways are narrow. No longer can I walk side by side with my honey but walk single file one way while other guests are going one way in the other direction. No midship elevator. Only forward and aft to make room for the IMAX. On other ships the lido statioms have different foods. Vista it's the same food at each station

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am almost sure you did not like the Vista. While it is true that most OTHER lines have eliminated mid ship elevators, you say that the Vista does not have mid ship elevators which is just not true. While you might mention that there is not enough of them, they certainly are there.

I cant imagine having to not walk side by side that whole 70 feet from the back to the front of the lounge....lol, really?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The vista definitely has more than the older ships in terms of activities such as the sky, ropes course, IMAX theater, and thrill theater. In terms of food its pretty much the same. If you've been on any of the renovated ships or dream class ships you'll that the food options are basically the same. Although it is bigger due to the layout, the addition of more rooms and fun areas the ship can seem smaller or crammed in certain areas. For example compared to a ship like the conquest, the lobby located in the vista seems much smaller. Also the stateroom hallways seem more narrow on the vista.