Price reduced after booked

Does anybody have any experience to share about what happens if the cruise fare price is reduced after you have booked? I booked 3 cabins for a May 2018 cruise about 10 days ago. Just recently I noticed the price has gone down to the tune of 100 bucks a cabin. Before I call into RCCL I'd love to know what to expect. I'd love a refund or fare deduction, but I'd certainly settle for the difference in onboard credit.

Thank you in advance

Just happened to me. Just call and tell them your cruise is now reduced and you would like the reduced rate, they won't give OBC or refund, just lower your final payment amount. keep in mind, any OBC you got with original booking will no longer exist. you get whatever is offered with the reduced rate. good luck.

You are absolutely entitled to that fare reduction. RC honors these before final payment date.

As pointed out, if you booked under a different promotion than what you are looking at now, you will get the new promotion and lose the old one.

(does not apply here, but if the lower price is on the Going, Going, Gone sale, that is for new bookings only)

Guest maddycat
Sounds super! I just didn't want to ask for money back now, and then be out of luck if 2 weeks from now it happens again. (wishful thinking!)

You can get as many price drops as are available before your final payment due date.

Never hurts to call.... worst case is if a new promotion doesn't apply or benefit you, they will let you know. Since we booked with our TA a few months ago, we've taken advantage of several price drops. Most are smaller amounts as we cruise in inside/Promenade rooms, but over time it's amounted to over $200 and we've added $100 OBC. Every dollar counts.

Sounds super! I just didn't want to ask for money back now, and then be out of luck if 2 weeks from now it happens again. (wishful thinking!)

Nope, as many times as the price drops between now and final payment. We have gotten two price drops in the past week on one of our 2018 cruises, a $200 drop last Wednesday, and another $50 drop yesterday. Without a travel agent just call Royal and ask for a reprice, with a travel agent just call them.

We did lose $50 in OBC when we did the first price drop, but that's still a net savings of $200.