Bringing on wine.

ctkathy

We would like to bring on wine for our own consumption on an upcoming cruise. I've often read that Azamara doesn't limit passengers bringing on wine although there is a corkage fee for bringing it to a restaurant.

What is the current policy?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We find the included wines on board very enjoyable. There's always a red, white, rose and sparkling. And the servers are always more than willing to source something specific for you if not included in the daily pour. Really no reason to bring your own wine, unless you are wanting something very particular.

Really no reason to bring your own wine, unless you are wanting something very particular.

I agree that I found the included wine & cocktails fine (let's not discuss beer;p) but we brought a little wine on board for a specific reason - ease of drinking on our balcony:D We make as much use of our balcony during cruises as possible and our itinerary had some long & mostly lovely trips up rivers to Bangkok & Ho Chi Minh city. We also brought a bottle of bourbon for nightcaps. It was easy for us to do and meant we didn't have to run out to a bar when we needed a titch. Could we have survived without bringing our own? Sure! But it was easy to pack, so we did.

We would like to bring on wine for our own consumption on an upcoming cruise. I've often read that Azamara doesn't limit passengers bringing on wine although there is a corkage fee for bringing it to a restaurant.

What is the current policy?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes there's a corkage fee. Here's the webpage explaining our policy:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/booked-guests/you-board/guest-conduct-policy

Enjoy your cruise!

We too bring a bottle of bubbly (my weakness) and DH likes his scotch. Like you say Hoyaheel, when you want a little titch. Nice to have a little bubbly while getting ready for for dinner!

And agree, let's not talk about the included beer.

I like to buy the odd bottle or two of quality wine in exotic places such Montenegro and bring them on board just to try them. Limoncello too when anchored just off Sorrento and Amalfi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can nip up to the nearest bar and bring a drink back to the cabin.

Sure, I *can*. But I don't want to - that's my point. Requires clothing and a walk outside the cabin. When I'm being lazy, I don't wanna. Simple as that. I was just adding a reason to carry on my own alcohol that has nothing to do with the quality & availability of what Azamara provides....