LIVEish, 9 Days on Anthem (8/31/2017 or 31/8/2017 better yet August 31, 2017)

chandom

It's cruise day...wooo!

This is a view from the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City. For those looking for a pre-cruise stay, it is a very accessible hotel located near lots of shopping and dining options and public transit. It would be super-easy to get from Newark on the train provided you could drag your own luggage. It was a $27ish UberXL ride for the four of us and our trunk full of luggage.

If you do stay here, try to get a renovated room. Our original room had not been renovated yet and apparently they were working on the floor right above us. So we had them move us to a higher floor and the room was much nicer.

Plans are to eat breakfast at the hotel (included in the package we booked...but you know we might starve on the ship and all [emoji23]) and then UberXL it to the port. afa9e1997754dff2166d6995978c188d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well almost didn't make it on board, why?

ca376abd8279164ca7eb0645d44faa34.jpg

At port security they saw that guy. Pulled it out and waited for it to be held until the end of the cruise. Well they were short staffed and I got impatient told them to toss it and well tossed it towards the belt.

Got called back and was chastised and given a warning that it could have been implied as assault on an officer.

So yeah, fun start. However, David has made up for it so far.

Sent from a mobile device

More positive subject, got the first bits of information.

Deluxe package is $58 a day plus gratuity.

This is the lunch menu for CK for the first three days.

56b2f8298a1628cd971ac801c4d9a261.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

Awesome loft! Wish we could do the cabin crawl to see it, but iFly wins. Although that is at 2:30, so maybe....

Hey, our plain old balcony cabin DOES have a larger-than-usual balcony!

We caught an Uber at 9:30 from the Hilton Newark Penn Station. He was already there, and it was only $18.50.

We boarded by 10:45, have been having fun exploring since then.

We booked the BOGO dining package, and they booked us for Chops tonight and Jamie's tomorrow. We will decide whether we want to change tomorrow, but definitely looking forward to Chops tonight.

b48324815370d1314a55a525a9900868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I knew I recognized that loft from your photos!

I don't the drink cart - guess I was too busy exploring and didn't take time to read the purple folder which probably got lost in the shuffle of unpacking and wanting to get out to see what was going on. Next time we are on her, I am going to pay more attention.

and, THANK YOU for sharing your cruise with us..............definitely looking forward to reading your posts!//Maria