LIVEish, 9 Days on Anthem (8/31/2017 or 31/8/2017 better yet August 31, 2017)

chandom

Cabin Crawl snacks, have arrived!

67e2624265b804cf47def094c3b7eff7.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

Everything looks really yummy!!

We will be sailing on Anthem 8/23/18. We are in cabin #6162, which is an obstructed cabin, would love to see a picture of the balcony, or one from the outside of the ship, it is located at the front of the ship, just where the ship starts to curve in.

Really looking forward to your review!!

Haven't really done too much today. Meet and Mingle in the morning, Genie chat just before lunch, prep for the Cabin Crawl/Open House. Then came the Cabin Crawl, few afterwards stuck around and had a nice chat, post Crawl clean up.

Major activities of the day were RipCord by iFly at 5pm, followed by The Gift at 6:15, then finally dinner at Jamie's. On a side note, ordered an upcharge drink at dessert and wasn't charged the difference. Total bill was zero.

RipCord by iFly was great, just made with the weight rule due to height (made it to the 6 foot mark by a hair). Would love for the chance to do it again either on the ship or on land. That minute felt both long and short. Just need to remember two key requirements, relax and chin up.

I thought The Gift was interesting. It is a show that you need too see from start to end. I think the last bit wraps up the entire story line.

Food at Jamie's had both hits and a miss, with the only miss really being the "Fresh Seasonal Greens". This case the greens were broccolini, could have used some salt and pepper. Other miss was the espresso martini, bit watered down. My feeling was the espresso was never allowed to cool before being added to the ice for shaking. I thought the lamb and burger were a hit. Sauce used on the lamb didn't make me think I was eating toothpaste. Another warning is the planks are olive happy and many of the olives have pits. Also, if you like picked jalapenos be sure to try the peppers on the plank.

Sorry, no Windjammer recon tonight, darn hours.

Not sure yet about any other plans for the night, maybe check to see if the Bionic Bar is still closed for maintenance, was after the Meet and Mingle. Will be in Boston at 7am, not sure when I'll get off. One thing that was being stressed was to use Uber/Lyft or other ride share program versus using the shuttle for $20 a person to downtown.

Haven't really done too much today. Meet and Mingle in the morning, Genie chat just before lunch, prep for the Cabin Crawl/Open House. Then came the Cabin Crawl, few afterwards stuck around and had a nice chat, post Crawl clean up.

Major activities of the day were RipCord by iFly at 5pm, followed by The Gift at 6:15, then finally dinner at Jamie's. On a side note, ordered an upcharge drink at dessert and wasn't charged the difference. Total bill was zero.

RipCord by iFly was great, just made with the weight rule due to height (made it to the 6 foot mark by a hair). Would love for the chance to do it again either on the ship or on land. That minute felt both long and short. Just need to remember two key requirements, relax and chin up.

I thought The Gift was interesting. It is a show that you need too see from start to end. I think the last bit wraps up the entire story line.

Food at Jamie's had both hits and a miss, with the only miss really being the "Fresh Seasonal Greens". This case the greens were broccolini, could have used some salt and pepper. Other miss was the espresso martini, bit watered down. My feeling was the espresso was never allowed to cool before being added to the ice for shaking. I thought the lamb and burger were a hit. Sauce used on the lamb didn't make me think I was eating toothpaste. Another warning is the planks are olive happy and many of the olives have pits. Also, if you like picked jalapenos be sure to try the peppers on the plank.

Sorry, no Windjammer recon tonight, darn hours.

Not sure yet about any other plans for the night, maybe check to see if the Bionic Bar is still closed for maintenance, was after the Meet and Mingle. Will be in Boston at 7am, not sure when I'll get off. One thing that was being stressed was to use Uber/Lyft or other ride share program versus using the shuttle for $20 a person to downtown.

I hope the bionic bar is open soon. Never used it before and I was looking forward to giving it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! Chandom: thank you for hosting the cabin crawl meet up in your beautiful suite. It was great to meet you and your family.

Last night windjammer was Bermudian theme. There was a lot of seafood. They said on formal nights they have shrimp, mussels etc., in the buffet. And they sure did. They also had delicious cupcakes! I like the assortment of food at the Windjammer; they change things up a lot. I really like the Mongolian Grill (dinnertime).

We did get a drink made from the one functioning bionic arm. It was pretty good.

Cruise has been great thus far. We just tied lines in Boston. And for an aviation enthusiast like me we have a fabulous view of Boston airport. The planes are taking off parallel to starboard side of the ship right outside our balcony!

Looks to be a beautiful day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mizLORInj

Hi to everyone on the ship. Since last night was the first formal night I was just wondering if they served the lobster tails. It's usually the second formal night. We have the BOGO dinners and one person in the group is concerned he will miss the lobster night. I want to reassure him and/or change his plans.

Thank you!