Favorite room service item

TAYLORCPA

I was on the Victory last week.

I ordered room service every night when we got back to our cabin between 1 and 2 am and I ordered breakfast every morning - cereal, bananas, milk, and delicious chocolate muffin!

At night, the potato chips and milk were tummy soothers after having too many cocktails. I ordered them with either a grilled cheese (not my favorite because the fake cheese was too thick) or a turkey and cheese or ham and cheese. I liked the convenience and it was a nice bedtime snack!

Service was fast and friendly.

None of the fee items seemed worth it to us. I think we got the boneless wings one day and they were just okay. Breakfast was great though! I loved getting room service breakfast on port days when we had early excursions to get to and didn't have time for a meandering breakfast in the MDR.

My favourite room service order: Reuben with a side of potato salad. I've been known to order this on the breakfast hanger.

On the Valor last September, I tried a couple of the "pay" items, the "totally awesome wings" with the buffalo sauce and the "spicy fried firecracker shrimp". Disclaimer: I am Indian, so anything someone claims is spicy is something I do not. That being said, I thought the wings were ok. They were cooked well and were of a decent size, but the buffalo sauce was a step below mild. I would have preferred more heat...ANY more heat. The shrimp I thought had a good flavor, but again were a bit mild for my taste, especially since they're called "firecracker", but the bigger problem I had with them were tiny little shrimp with a lot of breading (to make them look bigger).

We order room service frequently, but very rarely the pay items. My wife likes to do room service for breakfast, especially on port/excursion days. We also sometimes do late night snacks (sandwiches, chips, dessert). Not the best food, but convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to love the room service and lido Steak Sandwich but like many things Carnival they have been cut. Now you have to pay for many room service items so not worth it to me. I'll order more free stuff then I need to find something I like or go get something to bring back. Royal has no charge pre-packaged to-go items which is real nice but they now charge room service as well. I think its $8 an order which I would order more then I need to sample the items and get my moneys worth. Not sure I like either room service model... HAL has great room service!

The BLT is quite good. The PB&J on toast is very good. Both free.

I've ordered the extra pay pizza and it is good. I like it better than the free pizza on Lido. The room service pizza has a bit thicker crust and the sauce is a bit spicier. It's worth it, for me.

The BLT is great the, the wings are great and not expensive......I never tried it but I read somewhere on CC that they changed the chocolate cake and it's not as good as it was? Several people have said the room service (extra $$) pizza is better than the 24-hour pizza place.....

We ordered wings and fries last cruise just to try them. They were good for the price.

It was was hard to beat those late night grilled cheese and apple juice after returning from a night of drinking.

We placed a breakfast card out each night. We ordered coffee and fruit with a pastry or cereal to hold us over until our friends were ready to go eat breakfast.

Mine (and DH) is that first knock on the cabin door each morning with the first carafe of hot coffee (with pastries, muffins and bagels) of the morning, to watch the sun rise on our balcony ;p.

DH (14) loves that last knock on the cabin door with his last batch of warm chocolate chip cookies and cold glass of milk before bed....

We had the quesadilla and it was good, but nothing to write home about. My fiance and I order cookies and milk every night before bed. It is fun to be like a kid again! We also ate the turkey and pbj sandwiches. They are what you would expect, but they taste better since somebody else was making them:)

What's yours? Are the pay items worth it?

Sadly, my favorite room service items are no longer available. There were; breakfast (smoked salmon), with bagel and cream cheese, the bagel and cream cheese still available but the smoked salmon is gone.

Also loved the chicken fajita wrap, and used to always order one on the last day before debark while I was packing my bag. Also loved the the shrimp salad on a french roll.

The only thing remaining that I still love is the chocolate cake. The chocolate chip cookies are not bad either. But nothing else that remains on room service menu, stands out anymore to me. Sorry, but that just my own opinion.

I have not tried any of the pay extra items, and will not likely ever do so. Just me though.