Elation Dry Dock

jc4me

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where she is being dry docked at? We saw a ship that looked a lot like her in Freeport.

Freeport is where most of Carnival's ships go for dry dock. I think the dry dock is partially, if not wholly owned by Carnival.

It probably was the Elation, but she may have been moved to wet dock lately to allow other scheduled ships to get to the dry dock. I am not sure which ship is due for Oct. dry dock?

I went and looked at the pictures on Insta and yes we did see Elation while we were in Freeport. I know because there's a tiny little boat beside it in the picture and that one was there Sunday. When we were there, there was also a very large, nicer looking Carnival boat to the left of those two. That may be the Crystal but you can't see the names while they are in DD.

There are some great pictures of some of the updates if you have Instagram that a lot of the workers are posting, you can find them by searching #CarnivalElation...Just in case anyone would like to see.

You don't have to have Insta to see the pictures, just google Instagram #carnivalelation from any web browser

I know the extra chunk of steel on the stern is there, I'm guessing, to provide extra stability because of the weight of the new balconies etc, but I wish they would paint it! Every picture I've seen has been bare steel and it doesn't make it look pretty! :')

Can't wait to see her when she's all finished! Sailing b2b 10/21 and 10/26.

a230b4365890d2424395017896650e2e.jpgb500770a9b15bb15d5a09fce497a3e0f.jpg934990e6be2b17cac7de89a727f553ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ll be on the first leg with you👍🏻 I’m so excited to see the finished product too! Years ago I read on here to never book the first cruise before a dry dock or the two cruises after it was supposed to be finished. So glad I took that advice this time!

Can't wait to see her when she's all finished! Sailing b2b 10/21 and 10/26.

a230b4365890d2424395017896650e2e.jpgb500770a9b15bb15d5a09fce497a3e0f.jpg934990e6be2b17cac7de89a727f553ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Medic,

From seeing these pictures of the work being done during dry dock, I am guessing that you either know someone on the ship or somehow found these pictures , can you please try to find out if the alchemy bar is being installed?

These upgrades look great. can't wait to see them in person in 6 weeks.

Keep the pics coming. Love getting the sneak preview.

Thanks!!

Medic,

From seeing these pictures of the work being done during dry dock, I am guessing that you either know someone on the ship or somehow found these pictures , can you please try to find out if the alchemy bar is being installed?

Thanks!!

If there is going to be an alchemy bar, it is apparently one of Carnival's most closely guarded secrets.

Medic,

Thanks!!

Carnival just updated the deck plans for the elation. I don't see the alchemy bar.