Elation Dry Dock

jc4me

Thanks for the heads up on the updated Deck Plans. Everything is there that was expected besides Alchemy Bar (Unless that's the surprise), and also I do not see mini golf anymore.

Mini golf is now on deck 14 along with Bocce ball.

Thanks for the heads up on the updated Deck Plans. Everything is there that was expected besides Alchemy Bar (Unless that's the surprise), and also I do not see mini golf anymore.

What! No mini golf! On the first sea day, I always play that while my wife gets her toes done. What is the world coming to?

I'm very happy that they didn't cut off half of the disco as was done on previous Fantasy Class renovations. It didn't make any sense to convert half of it into a rarely used conference room, causing the place to be unnecessarily cramped.

I am sorry to see that they've added more cabins. But that's a disturbing industry wide trend that needs to stop. Ships don't need to be any more crowded IMO.

The new Waterworks is a blessing and a curse. Yeah it's neat for the kids. But the aft pool was lost, which leaves her with precisely one pool to be shared among all 2000+ guests. And the slides, unfortunately, don't keep the kids totally away from the main pool. I wish they could've figured out a way to either retain the aft pool for the kids, or add one to Serenity. I don't want to sit in a hot tub on hot summer days, but enjoy the kid free atmosphere there.

I'm very happy that they didn't cut off half of the disco as was done on previous Fantasy Class renovations. It didn't make any sense to convert half of it into a rarely used conference room, causing the place to be unnecessarily cramped.

I am sorry to see that they've added more cabins. But that's a disturbing industry wide trend that needs to stop. Ships don't need to be any more crowded IMO.

The new Waterworks is a blessing and a curse. Yeah it's neat for the kids. But the aft pool was lost, which leaves her with precisely one pool to be shared among all 2000+ guests. And the slides, unfortunately, don't keep the kids totally away from the main pool. I wish they could've figured out a way to either retain the aft pool for the kids, or add one to Serenity. I don't want to sit in a hot tub on hot summer days, but enjoy the kid free atmosphere there.

If you can call it a pool in the back. They were not much bigger than a hot tub. And the hot tubs that were there are now on the serenity area.

If you can call it a pool in the back. They were not much bigger than a hot tub. And the hot tubs that were there are now on the serenity area.
Not exactly. Serenity already had hot tubs. The former aft pool and its tub were simply eliminated.

It's only disheartening because, once upon a time, the aft pool area on the Fantasy Class was the (albeit unofficial) adult pool. The kiddie pool used to be where Serenity is, and the slide was at the main pool. So the kids just tended to avoid the aft one.

Not that I don't like Serenity, I just wish they had pools like RCI in does in their Solariums.

Me and my wife are going on our first cruise next March. She was checking some things and they have our room E95 now listed as a balcony. That was a pleasant surprise and certainly hope it is accurate. Now my fear is we will be spoiled and have to it for future cruises! Am excited that the upgrade happened as the Alchemy Bar(assuming rumors pan out) and Guys Burgers were two things I was disappointed the ship didn't have.

Me and my wife are going on our first cruise next March. She was checking some things and they have our room E95 now listed as a balcony. That was a pleasant surprise and certainly hope it is accurate. Now my fear is we will be spoiled and have to it for future cruises! Am excited that the upgrade happened as the Alchemy Bar(assuming rumors pan out) and Guys Burgers were two things I was disappointed the ship didn't have.

When are you sailing? I sail March 1 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations on the balcony upgrade!! It is my understanding from reading and from seeing pictures that there is a Guy's Burgers, but no Alchemy Bar. Have a great first cruise!!

You mean everybody who paid for Oceanview is going to get off free and receive a balcony? I recall this happening in the past and Carnival charged extra and those who didn't pay, they were cancelled.

Apparently. Checked my room and it's showing a balcony now. I'd have to scrutinize the fine print but I don't see how they could cancel. If they did I would refuse to pay on principle and never cruise with them. It would lose them a customer for life.

Has anyone heard from someone on the current Elation Cruise??

Interested in hearing (reading) about the changes, esp. balconies, and food venues.??:cool:

I'm on the current cruise and waiting for disembarkation. Ship is still a work in progress. GOOD NEWS: guy's, blue iguana, red frog up and running on lido. Waterworks up and running. Main dining rooms and shops were unexpectedly remodeled and look nice. Overall, service from staff was fine. remodeled cabins are quite nice, with two 110v outlets and four USB outlets. Power options aplenty! BAD NEWS: many contractors on the ship completing unfinished work on new balconies and cabins. Access to new deck is limited to the (cramped) mini golf area, and even then only part time. Little piles of drydock debris throughout the ship. Several maintenance / supply issues: as examples, the main pool was closed for an entire day because the pump was broken, and soft serve ice cream machines were out of order for days. Floor in Tiffany lido dining room remained filthy throughout the entire cruise. Can confirm no Alchemy Bar was installed. I'll try to post a link to some pics in the next day once I can upload them to my computer.

I'm on the current cruise and waiting for disembarkation. Ship is still a work in progress. GOOD NEWS: guy's, blue iguana, red frog up and running on lido. Waterworks up and running. Main dining rooms and shops were unexpectedly remodeled and look nice. Overall, service from staff was fine. remodeled cabins are quite nice, with two 110v outlets and four USB outlets. Power options aplenty! BAD NEWS: many contractors on the ship completing unfinished work on new balconies and cabins. Access to new deck is limited to the (cramped) mini golf area, and even then only part time. Little piles of drydock debris throughout the ship. Several maintenance / supply issues: as examples, the main pool was closed for an entire day because the pump was broken, and soft serve ice cream machines were out of order for days. Floor in Tiffany lido dining room remained filthy throughout the entire cruise. Can confirm no Alchemy Bar was installed. I'll try to post a link to some pics in the next day once I can upload them to my computer.

Thanks for the update! Sorry you were having to deal with the issues. Excited about the outlets and the upgrades :)

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing some pics you may have and I hope the ongoing construction didn't ruin your trip.

There is another thread posted earlier today from this same cruise I believe...not good at all...says ship should be scrapped and it is definitely not ready for passengers....do you think maybe just the different in seeing the glass half full or half empty?