Elation Dry Dock

jc4me

We'll be on Elation November 4 and are really looking forward to seeing how she looks and how she compares to the "old school" Fantasy class ships we've been on. It's a shame my daughter won't be big enough to enjoy the waterworks.

Please come back and let us know how you liked her!

I don't think the Elation be done according to schedule, I can see a few sailings be cancelled due to the delays because of the hurricane not mentioning whether there was any damage to the dock.

It would be surprising if there were not cancellations considering the amount of time being lost to Irma :(:loudcry:

By the time they get back to Freeport, they would have lost around 8 days. Obviously SOME contractors are onboard and were able to work, but there's a big chunk who sailed with the Celestial Crystal and have been able to make zero progress since they left Freeport. :(

Hoping they were able to get the inside the ship upgrades completed, or "somewhat completed" to stay on schedule. Then worry about the balconies and outside upgrades once docked again in Freeport. Just hope they do not cancel any upgrades and worse case scenario is that its pushed out a week or so for completion. :D

We were on Elation's 8/21 sailing. She really needed this makeover.

Cabin cabinetry was falling apart. I noticed the same in other cabins.

We were on upper deck and noticed the forward area cabin walkways had a light colored tropical decor where the mid and aft had the old dark red feel. Overall we found the ship dark, including the atrium. I hope they have a way to introduce more light.

I'm on her 10/7. Very concerned about possible changes to our vacation. We can't change our travel dates. John Heald says stay tuned when he's asked.

That's code for "your guess is as good as mine". The beards will drive their bus right over him and leave him to wheeze out some nearly incoherent announcement at a later date. They'll have lost a good week and a half by the time they get it back up on blocks and out of the water. It's no damn wonder he's so grumpy most of the time.

I booked then also. See you on-board.

Awesome! My siblings and I are taking our parents ashes to bury them at sea - what better way to celebrate their lives. In all we will have a group of at least 10, so other family members are considering joining us as well. I am anxious to see what the "surprise" upgrades are, but looking forward to the trip even without knowing.

I am so psyched if the Elation does indeed get the Alchemy bar as John stated. Maybe that was one of the surprises he talked about before. In previous posts and when I spoke to my PVP recently, the Alchemy bar was not originally in the plans. Just Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana and Red Frog were being added.

Keeping my fingers crossed. We sail mid November.

I am so psyched if the Elation does indeed get the Alchemy bar as John stated. Maybe that was one of the surprises he talked about before. In previous posts and when I spoke to my PVP recently, the Alchemy bar was not originally in the plans. Just Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana and Red Frog were being added.

Keeping my fingers crossed. We sail mid November.

I know right!!!! I'll give up balconies for an Alchemy bar!!!! We sail Oct 2 will definitely keep you posted!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know right!!!! I'll give up balconies for an Alchemy bar!!!! We sail Oct 2 will definitely keep you posted!

:p I think I would give up balconies for Alchemy too.

I am so dying for a Basil Drop and Cucumber Sunrise this November on Vista. We go on Elation next April and my girlfriends are going to LOVE Alchemy!