Hurricane irma....ugh

Thank you for posting this update!!

From Carnival website:

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, which is now a category 5 storm in the Caribbean. Since the safety and security of our guests and crew are our primary concern, it will be necessary to cancel the following cruises given the projected path of the storm:

Carnival Liberty – September 7

Carnival Victory – September 8

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your vacation plans. We will automatically process a full refund, including any pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment within three week:

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on our plans for our other sailings departing from Central and South Florida this weekend. We will provide another update by 1:00 PM tomorrow.

From Carnival website:

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, which is now a category 5 storm in the Caribbean. Since the safety and security of our guests and crew are our primary concern, it will be necessary to cancel the following cruises given the projected path of the storm:

Carnival Liberty – September 7

Carnival Victory – September 8

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your vacation plans. We will automatically process a full refund, including any pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment within three week:

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on our plans for our other sailings departing from Central and South Florida this weekend. We will provide another update by 1:00 PM tomorrow.

What port/ports for Liberty and Victory?

Last year aug 28 we were heading out of New Orleans on Carnival Dream for 7 days to Key West & Bahamas. Right before we boarded they made the announcement that we were going to Cozumel due to Hurricane Hermine. We knew there was a good chance it would happen. Let's face it, I'd rather do that than have people barfing everywhere with rough seas. So here we are again, same itinerary, heading out Sept 10th. I know there's no way we're heading to florida, unless this thing takes a sharp north turn & stays out of the gulf. Here's hoping we go somewhere interesting that I haven't seen. I feel for all of you that have your departure ports being hit. We were breathing a sigh of relief that New Orleans didn't get hit last week. Maybe we just aren't meant to make it to the Keys. Good Luck to everyone. I do think that Carnival will keep everyone safe & do what's best. I know they're a huge organization but it must be a logistical nightmare when something this big hits & there's so many moving parts changing itineraries at ports. Everyone stay safe.

Last year aug 28 we were heading out of New Orleans on Carnival Dream for 7 days to Key West & Bahamas. Right before we boarded they made the announcement that we were going to Cozumel due to Hurricane Hermine. We knew there was a good chance it would happen. Let's face it, I'd rather do that than have people barfing everywhere with rough seas. So here we are again, same itinerary, heading out Sept 10th. I know there's no way we're heading to florida, unless this thing takes a sharp north turn & stays out of the gulf. Here's hoping we go somewhere interesting that I haven't seen. I feel for all of you that have your departure ports being hit. We were breathing a sigh of relief that New Orleans didn't get hit last week. Maybe we just aren't meant to make it to the Keys. Good Luck to everyone. I do think that Carnival will keep everyone safe & do what's best. I know they're a huge organization but it must be a logistical nightmare when something this big hits & there's so many moving parts changing itineraries at ports. Everyone stay safe.

I'm just going to roll with it as well. I'll be in Florida by Friday, so a vacation is still a vacation.

So now I await the decision on Victory/ Sept 11 / Miami. The issue of getting into the airport concerns me as much as the cruise itself, although Delta has already relaxed their cancellation policy.

Yep, I am on the same one. I'm booked to fly down early Sunday. But the person I was going to stay with might be leaving FL herself... So... Yeah a decision would be nice to know. I don't want her to feel obligated to stay because of me.

Several models now pointing eastward. Good for fla and bad for the Carolinas. Fla may be avoided or get another Matthew.
So Carnival cancels two three-night cruises, just like Royal Caribbean, and left their options open for the longer weekend cruises the day after to watch to see if the track changes today. Even the projected path to the west has the storm slowing so much that the Saturday cruises could embark without a hitch. I suspect they'll make a decision about that either today or tomorrow.

This is my wife and I's first cruise and our honeymoon. If Carnival decided to sail on Monday late will they give people an option to say no and rebook for a later cruise? We are just upset about a shorter cruise and the fact the water is going to be rough.

This is my wife and I's first cruise and our honeymoon. If Carnival decided to sail on Monday late will they give people an option to say no and rebook for a later cruise? We are just upset about a shorter cruise and the fact the water is going to be rough.
Changing the date of embarkation will likely garner such an offer. The fact that the seas will be rough would probably not.

St. Maarten early this morning as the eye wall passed through and then they lost power. They took a direct hit on this one.

The eye of Irma is directly over St. Marteen as of this posting. Less then an hour they're going to be back in it again on the back side of the eye wall. Hope St. Maarten is still there after passes.

I wouldn't consider booking a cruise during hurricane season.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lordy, these posts.

The Atlantic "hurricane season" runs from June 1 to November 30 this year. That's a whole lot of US/East coast folks whose only cruising options land in 'hurricane season'.

Lordy, these posts.

The Atlantic "hurricane season" runs from June 1 to November 30 this year. That's a whole lot of US/East coast folks whose only cruising options land in 'hurricane season'.

Thank you, we booked due to our wedding this was the next available cruise. I did a western Caribbean due to hurricane season knowing it was a possibility. Comments like these are not helping anyone's situation. We are in NC and driving but I do feel for the ones that are planing on flying in. At this point in time I am ok with either way.

Yeah I'm really over this crap. We're supposed to be doing in eastern Caribbean trip and now I'm hearing that it's likely will do a Western Caribbean trip. I've been to the west four times already including six months ago and I really do not care to go back I just want my money back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah I'm really over this crap. We're supposed to be doing in eastern Caribbean trip and now I'm hearing that it's likely will do a Western Caribbean trip. I've been to the west four times already including six months ago and I really do not care to go back I just want my money back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, my travel agent hopes they cancel for us on the magic. So we can rebook our suite for the November 25 sailing.