Upgraded by Princess but never noticed

taylorhhan

I'm really confused about upgrades and changing your cabin. If there is another one in the category you booked available can you request to be moved? There are still cabins available on our Oct cruise.so I contacted my TA to see if he would change our cabin and he said because when we booked it was a special and because of this he really couldn't change our cabin. Last night I needed to have an issue with our EZAir resolved, so when it was done I explained my situation to the Princess rep and she said my TA would have to change our cabin. By the way, we do have that we would expect an upgrade..Do you think my TA is giving me a run around

It really depends on what the special was when you booked, the current price of the other cabin compared to what you paid, etc. We booked a Baja balcony on Emerald Princess under the Sip and Sail promo. Later - after final payment - I noticed that there were Caribe balconies available. They were selling for less than we had paid for the Baja balcony. I wanted to move due to the larger balcony on Caribe deck. I called my TA, told him I wasn't asking Princess for OBC, a reduced price, or anything other than a move to the Caribe balcony. I specified that I did not want to lose my Sip and Sail package. 20 minutes later I had a new cabin on Caribe deck and my Sip and Sail was intact. Like I said, I didn't ask for any type of compensation for the lower price on the cabin. I just wanted to change to Caribe deck and Princesses was fine with it.

I'm really confused about upgrades and changing your cabin. If there is another one in the category you booked available can you request to be moved? There are still cabins available on our Oct cruise.so I contacted my TA to see if he would change our cabin and he said because when we booked it was a special and because of this he really couldn't change our cabin. Last night I needed to have an issue with our EZAir resolved, so when it was done I explained my situation to the Princess rep and she said my TA would have to change our cabin. By the way, we do have that we would expect an upgrade..Do you think my TA is giving me a run around

Your TA is either:

a) Not experienced enough to know you can switch to any available cabin in the same category booked (such as BC to another BC) --which by the way most cruise lines allow

or

b) Too lazy to make the effort to do this for you.

Either way, you need to use a different TA for your next cruise.

My travel agents always pass along any and upgrade notice emails. Most of the time, though, I've already found out by checking the Cruise Personalizer.

I found out once by checking the personalizer that we had been upgraded from an inside to an OV. I called our TA and had him check the location of our new cabin. I did not like it because it was under one of the bars.

Our TA said he had never got the e-mail notification from Princess (it was on the former Ocean Princess for a British Isles cruise). He tried but could not get our original cabin (which he had picked knowing our preferences) back. He did after spending most of the afternoon with Princess get us a cabin very near to our original location.