pool at port

JanesCruisingBuddy

She will love it!!! We have a 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son. We were skeptical at first because we have Busch Gardens and Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa - and both have avery's to feed birds. So I thought, how good is this really going to be lol. But we went ahead and glad we did! The birds are very tame and will sit on your hands, shoulders and head. The Macaw's are very gentle and eat out of your hand without biting. Plus, you walk across rope bridges between avery's which was really fun!! And you walk over the dolphin pools which was cool.

We also did the chocolate factory which was great - brought home a ton of it!

if you are adventurous and looking to do something fun, find the Jeep Willy tour booth. We rented the custom made jeep and went on a two hour drive through the jungle and along the coast. You will get muddy so wear swimsuits! But we did that first, got back, jumped in pool and hate lunch and then did the birds.

It sounds like you all had a great time! Thank you for all of the information, I love chocolate and adventure! We are skeptical about purchasing a non-cruise line excursion but we may consider it once we arrive at the port. We are going cave tubing in Belize and swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel so we are looking for something a bit less expensive for Costa Maya and Roatan.

I love the idea of a free pool at the port. I've been to Grand Turk a couple times and the Margaritaville pool by the pier is fantastic!

How does the Costa Maya pool area compare to GT's pool? Size, crowds, amenities? How far is it from CM pool to a (not too rocky) beach?

Thanks!

How far is the chocolate factory from the port?

She will love it!!! We have a 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son. We were skeptical at first because we have Busch Gardens and Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa - and both have avery's to feed birds. So I thought, how good is this really going to be lol. But we went ahead and glad we did! The birds are very tame and will sit on your hands, shoulders and head. The Macaw's are very gentle and eat out of your hand without biting. Plus, you walk across rope bridges between avery's which was really fun!! And you walk over the dolphin pools which was cool.

if you are adventurous and looking to do something fun, find the Jeep Willy tour booth. We rented the custom made jeep and went on a two hour drive through the jungle and along the coast. You will get muddy so wear swimsuits! But we did that first, got back, jumped in pool and hate lunch and then did the birds.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like fun. Is this in the port area, or do you have to take a taxi there. We are on a Norweigen cruise if that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

How much is the the chocolate factory? Celebrity wants $39pp for a loungers & a drink at the pool, tequila tasting, aviary & chocolate place.

I saw the price of the aviary is $12. I really don't want to pay about $15 for a drink and a lounger.

After reading this post I have no idea which port you’re referring to. Please fill me in. Thx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After reading these posts, I have no idea what an avery is. I do know what an aviary is though. It’s a place with birds.