NCL gift cards

sweets2323

Are you talking about prepaid OBC or Gift Cards to give to somebody.

If you are giving them to somebody, I hope they are really go to travel with NCL. Somebody gave us Carnival Gift Certs a few years ago at work. Never used them and they expired. Should have sold them on ebay or something. But...

There are places where we can buy carnival and royal gift cards@ 10% off.

Example buying. $500 gift card for $400. That's how I normally pay for my cruises. I've. Never seen any for NCL, so I was curious to know if there are companies that did the same:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is very hard to find discounted NCL gift cards. It's not like Carnival and Disney, where if you know your way around travel hacking, you can easily save 15 to 20 percent by accumulating gift cards. NCL, like Royal Caribbean, just doesn't play that game. But both do occasionally have discounts through Amex offers.

• Like 1

Based on my research, Carnival offers the best discount gift cards (10%) with the least restrictions. as they can be used for booking, obc, all pre-cruise purchases, they can even be used on the ship.

Royal gift cards can also be easily purchased for 10% off, BUT, Royal attaches a boat load (pun intended) of stipulations to their discount cards. If you know you are going to book, purchasing $1000 in gift cards for $900.00 starts to add up in savings. I have yet to find any discount cards for NCL :(.

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2017 at 9:32 AM, garycarla said:

Are you talking about prepaid OBC or Gift Cards to give to somebody.

If you are giving them to somebody, I hope they are really go to travel with NCL. Somebody gave us Carnival Gift Certs a few years ago at work. Never used them and they expired. Should have sold them on ebay or something. But...

Do you still have the Carnival gift card?  It is illegal for gift cards to expire in CA...  I'd be interested in buying.

• 9 months later...
On 9/4/2017 at 2:34 PM, Regguy said:

It is very hard to find discounted NCL gift cards. It's not like Carnival and Disney, where if you know your way around travel hacking, you can easily save 15 to 20 percent by accumulating gift cards. NCL, like Royal Caribbean, just doesn't play that game. But both do occasionally have discounts through Amex offers.

Royal and carnival both have ten percent of cards through all state rewards and AARP rewards for good.

On 9/4/2017 at 12:59 PM, sweets2323 said:

There are places where we can buy carnival and royal gift cards@ 10% off.

Example buying. $500 gift card for $400. That's how I normally pay for my cruises. I've. Never seen any for NCL, so I was curious to know if there are companies that did the same:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you think buying a $500 item for $400 is 10% off I would hate to do your budgeting or taxes. 🤣

I received a NCL gift card for my birthday. It was for $25.00 and not discounted. I already used it for our upcoming cruise in December. I gave our travel agent the number on it and she used it like "cash" subtracting that to the price of our cruise.  Every bit helps!

Never seen them discounted, but I do receive them from family as gifts sometimes. They do decrease in value over time, so keep that in mind. I signed up for alerts on the Granny Giftcards site years ago and have never once received an email telling me that NCL cards are available. It's worth a try, but don't count on it 🙁