Retreat Pool Cabanas on the Royal

tourismtessy

Do you have to pay and book the cabanas at the Retreat pool or are they free and first come, first serve? If you do have to pay, how much and where do you book them at? Thanks!

Not free. Book onboard.

Retreat Pool – Adjacent to The Sanctuary, the Retreat Pool provides an exclusive area for adults to relax and rejuvenate. The Retreat Pool on Royal Princess offers more space and seating than the adult pools on other Princess vessels, plus adds new Retreat Cabanas that can be reserved for an enhanced experience. These cabanas are the perfect way to enjoy private space poolside, or even add the indulgence of one of the ship’s special picnic baskets. The Retreat Pool is open to all adults, and Retreat Pool Cabana rental is available beginning at $50 for a half day. At night, this area turns into the “Chill Lounge,” offering passengers a relaxed outdoor space to enjoy the night with drinks and music.

Do you have to pay and book the cabanas at the Retreat pool or are they free and first come, first serve? If you do have to pay, how much and where do you book them at? Thanks!

You can go straight to the Retreat Bar area for the reservation on embarkation. You can ask any of the bar staff for assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not free, if you want a cabana then go directly there to book one when you board for the day or days that you want. There are many loungers available in the area if you prefer not to pay for a cabana. The loungers are free.

We did book a cabana for 3 days during our Caribbean cruise on the Royal. We loved it, but it's not completely necessary. There were always loungers available, at least on our cruise in April.

• 5 months later...

We are also interested in the Sanctuary and possibly the Retreat Cabanas on the Regal.

We have no interest in most of the loudspeakers and pool games, etc. at the main pool.

It is good to hear that there were plenty of regular loungers in April, as that seems like it would be a time for high demand for the sunshine and fresh air!

This old body isn't getting any younger!!! The comfy padded loungers are worth it for me!

We are def. heading to the Sanctuary ASAP... as we want to try to find some availability there.

I am thinking that if we were really wanting the Retreat Cabana, especially if there were a line for choosing and reserving the Sanctuary, I might ask at the bar if anyone there could set it up for me.