Excursion credit. How does it work on disembarkation tour?

hoopslover

We have the excursion credit and are platinum. I read the fine print and it says it is good for disembarkation ports. I want to book the disembarkation tour of Boston which drops us off at the airport. How does this work since your folio closes the night before leaving the ship. Do they post the cost of the tour (minus platinum benefit) and then credit the $50 before you use the tour? The lady at the shore excursion phone line did not know the answer or if we would lose the $50 credit. She said she could price it with the platinum 10% off but couldn't tell how we would get the credit.

Has anyone done this that has answers about how it works?

We have the excursion credit and are platinum. I read the fine print and it says it is good for disembarkation ports. I want to book the disembarkation tour of Boston which drops us off at the airport. How does this work since your folio closes the night before leaving the ship. Do they post the cost of the tour (minus platinum benefit) and then credit the $50 before you use the tour? The lady at the shore excursion phone line did not know the answer or if we would lose the $50 credit. She said she could price it with the platinum 10% off but couldn't tell how we would get the credit.

Has anyone done this that has answers about how it works?

We did a disembarkation tour/drop at airport in June. Once you are billed for the excursion and beyond the cancellation window (48 hours), you will get the $50 credit for your disembarkation excursion.

Every ship seems to do the shore excursion credits differently. Some are very good about giving you the $50 credit as soon as you complete the excursion. Some wait until the end of the cruise (which only works well if you paid for the excursions on board (i.e., you used the special reservation number and reserved, but didn't pay for the excursion pre-cruise)).

which only works well if you paid for the excursions on board (i.e., you used the special reservation number and reserved, but didn't pay for the excursion pre-cruise)

Please explain how you can do this; what number?

It's listed in the FAQ on the promo page:

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions?hide_hf=true

and also in the Terms and Conditions (I know, I know...)

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions?hide_hf=true

$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit Offer:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

• 7 months later...

Ok. I'm super confused. We booked our excursions online for POA (a while ago) but also have this excursion credit. Will they just put the $$ into an onboard account after each day? Or do I need to call this magical phone number and tell them to do it?

Ok. I'm super confused. We booked our excursions online for POA (a while ago) but also have this excursion credit. Will they just put the $$ into an onboard account after each day? Or do I need to call this magical phone number and tell them to do it?

When we did this last year we had to call the number. When you book the excursions online, they make you pay for them upfront. When you call the number, they don't charge you for them until you're on the ship. You are charged for all the excursions on day 1, but the $50 credit doesn't happen until after the excursion is over. At least that is how it was done on the Spirit last year.

I don't know how the credit would work on a disembarkation tour.

UPDATE: I did call NCL yesterday and they said it was fine that I booked online. They will give us an OBC each day after our excursion is completed. We can then use that money to pay for whatever we want onboard. If we don't use it all, they will issue a refund check after the cruise.