Water Slides ???

Justicedog

What Royal Caribbean ships have water slides?

So far I've figured out that Liberty of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas and Symphony (though this is coming too late for when we are planning on cruising.) Any others?

We've only cruised once -summer of 2016 on Freedom. I'm concerned about the mega ships. How big of a difference is it?

Janelle

So far I've figured out that Liberty of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas and Symphony (though this is coming too late for when we are planning on cruising.) Any others?

We've only cruised once -summer of 2016 on Freedom. I'm concerned about the mega ships. How big of a difference is it?

Janelle

Most cruisers would call Freedom a "mega-ship". Freedom Class are some of the largest at sea. Personally I think Oasis-class are better than Freedom. Yes, there's more passengers, but there is also more room and more venues. I've never felt like it was crowded on Oasis-class.

Janelle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Caribbean_International#Ship_amenities

That has a couple tables that list all the major features on every RCI ship. Just those three have slides.

Liberty is the same size as Freedom that you were already on (they are both Freedom class ships).

Harmony is an Oasis class, and is larger.

Adventure is a Voyager class, and is smaller.

Can't think of any other RC ships with adult water slides. The Radiance class ships have kiddie slides.

How small are the kiddie slides? We'll be on the Jewel in March, and I have yet to see a good picture. My kids will be 13, 14 at the time, so i'm guessing they're too old to enjoy those slides. Thoughts?

Thanks.

How small are the kiddie slides? We'll be on the Jewel in March, and I have yet to see a good picture. My kids will be 13, 14 at the time, so i'm guessing they're too old to enjoy those slides. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Too small for teens.

The waterslides on Adventure had to be one of the most underwhelming features on the ship. I know people pick ships based on all these gimmicks, but folks, you'll find better slides at your neighborhood pools. My kids went on the slides once or twice and gave them a resounding, "meh."

We were on Liberty this spring. The slides were packed the first two days until everyone figured out the tube slides were so slow you had to push yourself down to get through them. They really need to turn the water flow up to help you move down the slides.

Thanks.

Just a comment, I saw some adults do the slides on our Jewel cruise. But I think they were doing it to humor their kids. I agree with Bob that they are not really for teens and adults.