IS the food really that bad on Preziosa?

jjohnboy32

Food was okay, some of the buffet food was cold. MDR room food was not too bad for the price we paid. The blue cheese was really good. Didn't rate the Pizza much. The galaxy restaurant was nice. The steak in the MDR was good for an extra fee. I had the 'always available extra veg which was fine. This was on Preziosa. IMO you get what you pay for.

Strange; on another site someone is posting live from Preziosa, and the dinner menu clearly shows an “always available” chicken or fish option on the right hand side of the menu, just like the always available on RCI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, not so. Some nights we were given that menu, with the 'always available' selection. Other nights it was a different menu, without the 'always available' selection. When I asked for it I was told it wasn't available.

LB ... There is always another option available on the Dinner menu (not a separate menu), unless it has changed since our 6/9/17 sailing ! the choices have been reduced in number though of what is available.

there is as you say always Chicken, Fish and usually Beef available.

No, not so. We had different menus on different nights. Sometimes the one with the 'always available' other nights it wasn't.

Here's a photo showing "Always available" choices on Magnifica:

ca819d92d7e3cc11748ad23023b7cd6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Maybe you got that menu on Magnifica every night. On Preziosa we didn't. Some nights it was just like that. Other nights it was a different menu without those choices.

I know, I was there.

Merly ... Just because it was not on the menu does not mean it was not available, we had the exact same menus that you had.

Perhaps the waiters should be told then, that if it is not on the menu it does not mean it's not available. When I asked for the chicken, when it was the menu on which it was not 'always available', I was told "it's not available "!

Well we had two grandkids with us both girls age 5 & 6 who are fussy eaters, both had chicken on at least four nights out of six that we ate in the Dining room.

So its fair to say it is available every night.

All I can give is my experience and my experience is:

Some nights I was given a menu with 'always available' choice.

Some nights I was given a menu without the 'always available choice'

I asked for the 'always available' option one night when given the second menu and was told it wasn't available.

I was given the children's menu one night which did have chicken available.

Unless you were on the same ship as me, on the same sailing, on the same table and with the same waiters you may have had a different experience.

This is my experience I am not lying or making it up and I have no more to say on the matter.

No one is saying that you did not experience it, I am telling you what happened on our 6th September sailing and the fact was that Chicken was available every night even if it was on the kids menu.

Which means your waiters were wrong.

In 17 cruises on MSC I've found there has always been alternatives available - including on Preziosa 3 times. The photo I posted could be from any MSC European itinerary because they're practically standard.

The "beef pallaird" option has been removed (and won't be missed!) But the chicken and fish (used to be salmon but is now just "steamed fish") are always available. As a fussy eater, I sometimes end up resorting to the alternatives.

Sounds like someone's waiter got it wrong on the night!

In 17 cruises on MSC I've found there has always been alternatives available - including on Preziosa 3 times. The photo I posted could be from any MSC European itinerary because they're practically standard.

The "beef pallaird" option has been removed (and won't be missed!) But the chicken and fish (used to be salmon but is now just "steamed fish") are always available. As a fussy eater, I sometimes end up resorting to the alternatives.

Sounds like someone's waiter got it wrong on the night!

100 % agree with you Bea, the beef pallaird will for sure not be missed, at least not by me:'):')

Having just got off, the food was bad. There were some exceptions, for example the soup was good on every occasion, but it really was that bad.

The buffet was continually cold, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sat on the train now, my girlfriend can't wait to get home to eat and that's the first time that's ever happened after a cruise. Merly was correct in saying there were times the always available option wasn't displayed on the menu, but having had the grilled chicken, it just looked so unappetizing.

The steak I had last night is the worst piece of beef I have ever tasted.

That said the service was excellent, probably the best we had ever.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

Having just got off, the food was bad. There were some exceptions, for example the soup was good on every occasion, but it really was that bad.

The buffet was continually cold, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sat on the train now, my girlfriend can't wait to get home to eat and that's the first time that's ever happened after a cruise. Merly was correct in saying there were times the always available option wasn't displayed on the menu, but having had the grilled chicken, it just looked so unappetizing.

The steak I had last night is the worst piece of beef I have ever tasted.

That said the service was excellent, probably the best we had ever.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for validating my experience of the always available menu not always being available.