Amsterdam Wetdock

altiguy

This is an old thread and the wet dock is long past. Go here for the thread on the DRY dock that will take place after the WC this year (2018).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2492944

Linda R

I sincerely hope that the Lanai conversion occurring during the wet dock will include the new showers like those on the Zaandam.

Copper 10-8's post # 22, see above on this thread, describes what will happen in this year's (2018) May dry dock. If you look at the last sentence, it seems as if all cabins are to receive "bathroom enhancements" and "standard stateroom upgrades, including wall mounted flat TV". So not really much detail for the standard cabins.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55377077&postcount=22

What is this about the Queens Room changing to the Mainstage? Does not make sense to me. Please advise as I booked a cabin above it and now need to change???.

They are only changing the name. I heard that all of the main showrooms would become Mainstage. Likely refreshing soft goods (chairs, etc)

They are only changing the name. I heard that all of the main showrooms would become Mainstage. Likely refreshing soft goods (chairs, etc)

My mistake - I am booked above the Queens ROOM, not the Queens LOUNGE. Although there are cabins above the Queens Lounge! Too confusing.

Just to add to the confusion, it appears that the Queens Room has been replaced by the Digital Workshop, which I assume will not be very noisy (at least not during sleeping hours).

My mistake - I am booked above the Queens ROOM, not the Queens LOUNGE. Although there are cabins above the Queens Lounge! Too confusing.

Just to add to the confusion, it appears that the Queens Room has been replaced by the Digital Workshop, which I assume will not be very noisy (at least not during sleeping hours).

The Digital Workshop is in what once was one of two extra extensions of the MDR: one was called the King's Room and the other the Queen's Room. Rarely used; when the Digital Workshop was started, that was placed in the former Queen's Room. Stateroom above the Digitial Workshop will hear zilch noise from that location unless a couple of guests start "fighting" over who gets the last computer station available for that session's class:D. Digital Workshop classes are very popular with lines forming many minutes before the doors open.

The Digital Workshop is in what once was one of two extra extensions of the MDR: one was called the King's Room and the other the Queen's Room. Rarely used; when the Digital Workshop was started, that was placed in the former Queen's Room. Stateroom above the Digitial Workshop will hear zilch noise from that location unless a couple of guests start "fighting" over who gets the last computer station available for that session's class:D. Digital Workshop classes are very popular with lines forming many minutes before the doors open.

Thanks! I am sure I can handle that bit of daytime noise!