PLEASE PLEASE Stop Calling Me!!!

shof515

I always book online. Never used a PVP. Still got calls constantlyyyyyy. The calls came to my parent's home number & then my cell phone minutes later. I haven't lived with my parents in 10 years. 8 carnival cruises under my belt & I lived under their roof for all of ONE of those. I have removed their number. I have changed my address. I have had cruises booked. I have answered & asked that they stop calling. Nothing mattered. That is until the most recent call to my cell about 6 months ago from a new person. I asked them to stop & it finally has. I'm guessing my original "pvp" is gone now.

How do i get Carnival to stop calling me to book a future cruise? I never had a PVP or any other person assigned to me as i usually book all of my previous cruises online. They are calling both my house number and my cell phone about 2-3 times per day.
Just say in a slow and firm voice "Please take me off your list."

How do i get Carnival to stop calling me to book a future cruise? I never had a PVP or any other person assigned to me as i usually book all of my previous cruises online. They are calling both my house number and my cell phone about 2-3 times per day.

They usually call when they see you have been looking at cruises online (which for many of us is very often). So, if you go online just dont be signed in to CCL.com when you do it and your good :-)

And your dead on, PVPs have nothing to offer me I cant get myself. I do much better on my own than anything they have for me. If that wasnt the case, I wouldnt mind the calls...

I can deal with unsolicited phone calls, from Carnival or anyone else, that is what the Block Caller feature on my phone is for. What annoys me is the junk mail we get, not from Carnival, that is addressed to my husbands ex-wife from whom he's been divorced from for almost 25 years and has never lived at our current address (or our 2 previous ones and his 1 previous one). That, and the junk mail I receive for my mother that has been dead for 4 years. I don't think she is in need of Medicare Supplemental insurance a this point. :(

Wow, that would annoy me too.

We've been cruising since the late 80's, and with different cruise lines, but our cruises since 2003 have been with Carnival. Our first three cruises we booked by just calling customer service, and our others we've used the same PVP. The only calls we've ever received are a few calls from our PVP returning my call. I guess we lucked out.

"Asking nicely" doesn't work all the time.

Shmoo: You are correct. After the seventh or eighth call I had to be quite harsh to the sales person and tell them to not make any sales calls to this number. It was my cell number that I only use for contact information regarding my cruise. I alway "uncheck" the box to receive promotions and deals on future cruises.

On all previous calls I was quite nice but said to not call that number but I finally blew up. It was sad it had to come to that but it worked.

It's interesting that the majority of calls were from the same person.

Take care,

Mike

I actually changed my number on carnival's website to a fake number and they still called every day until after I booked my cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a racket. Paying "protection money" feel like a relief, but only encourages the behavior. If a local pizza place did the same thing, hardly any of you would schedule (yet another) pizza for Friday night delivery. You would tell such an establishment to take a flying leap.

This PVP keeps calling me and I've called her twice and left a message saying that I have my own TA. She keeps calling. I can blocked her but can still she her voicemail messages under blocked. :0

That is actually the one thing that is supposed to work no matter what. If you want to get that PVP fired, you can tell your travel agent about it, and the travel agent can contact Carnival.

I guarantee it’s not carnival. There are solicitation rules assigned by both the FCC and FTC. They would not blatantly violate those rules in order to get a huge fine.

It just would not be smart business. Of course o have been known to be wrong from time to time. My wife would confirm that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is actually the one thing that is supposed to work no matter what. If you want to get that PVP fired' date=' you can tell your travel agent about it, and the travel agent can contact Carnival.[/quote']

Getting someone fired for doing their job? Seems a bit harsh. Is it really that big of a deal to just delete the voicemails? I have never once taken a Norwegian cruise and they call me multiple times per week. I just ignore the calls and delete the messages. First world problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app