Valuetrips

helovestrains

I got tired of waiting for them to post their rates for 2018, after having them tell me that they would be posted in September, so I contacted Hyatt Place directly and had them make a reservation for me, and was quoted the price is supposed to be the ValueTrips rate (219$)

Did you call the hotel directly and ask for the Valuetrips price of $219? We have reservations 1/31 with checkout on 2/3 AND 2/11 reservation. Ours are much more expensive than ValueTrips prices! I did submit a Valuetrip today for 1/31-2/2 checkout, hoping to get at least two days cheaper. But if I knew I could call someone and get it done easier, I would cancel my ValueTrips request.

Did you call the hotel directly and ask for the Valuetrips price of $219? We have reservations 1/31 with checkout on 2/3 AND 2/11 reservation. Ours are much more expensive than ValueTrips prices! I did submit a Valuetrip today for 1/31-2/2 checkout, hoping to get at least two days cheaper. But if I knew I could call someone and get it done easier, I would cancel my ValueTrips request.

I called the Hyatt myself last week and asked for the Value Trips rate and was told they didn't have anything other than the regular rates. I also sent a reservation to ValueTrips, even though the rates weren't posted, and so far the hotel has no reservation for me, nor have I received an answer from ValueTrips.

My sister sent a reservation on Sunday, but hasn't heard anything. I find it strange that it isn't available on my Chrome, but it is on Safari and the rates shown as regular rack rates on the new reservation form is not what is shown on the Hyatt site. Something seems so wrong here.

Any insight on how long valuetrips takes to respond to an email? I requested a room last week and waited a few days before emailing, as I hadn't heard anything yet, but I haven't gotten an answer via email either.

I'm in the same boat as you. I requested on Wednesday and sent an email Sunday. Nothing back. Please post when you get something and I will too. Okay?:)

I have used them before and it's always been a day or two wait. This is unusual in my experience.

I'm in the same boat as you. I requested on Wednesday and sent an email Sunday. Nothing back. Please post when you get something and I will too. Okay?:)

I have used them before and it's always been a day or two wait. This is unusual in my experience.

Well I suppose I'm kinda glad it's not just me! I've never used them before, but everyone says they're great - I will definitely let you know if I hear back!

I too am waiting for a response back from Value Trips. I sent a request for Hyatt Place for March 24th 2018 last Sunday, and still have not heard back. This is my first time using them. How long do you wait before contacting them or the hotel? If it's not available to they let you know at the time of trying to book it?

I will let you know if we hear anything back from them.

An Update - I'm clearly impatient lol I called Hyatt directly, they were able to confirm my reservation. The prompts bring you to an automated system where you can give your name and dates and that confirms, then I pressed 0 for a person and Althea was very helpful, gave my confirmation number and sent me a confirmation email and it does show the ValueTrips rate.

Thanks everyone for the quick response. I will wait until next week and if I don't hear anything by then I will call Hyatt Place to confirm.

To those of you who have been there previously, about how many walking blocks to a nearby restaurant. My husband uses a walker, but doesn't walk to far, two or three blocks is about all he will be able to handle.

I just called too! They have mine as well and I got our confirmation #.

Yay! Thanks for doing that. :D

Ditto! I requested my reservation one week ago and still have not received a response. Called the hotel directly and they confirmed my reservation. ***?

I'll share this as well just in case anyone else may need the info - I booked 2 rooms (there are 7 of us), and when I called to confirm they did say they could see two rooms under my name. When I reviewed my confirmation email later, it only showed one. I called Hyatt back and they looked it up again and gave me a second confirmation number for the second room. I guess when ValueTrips books them, if you have more than one room they are booked separately?

Either way - rooms are all set, despite still not have a response from ValueTrips :)

Thanks everyone for the quick response. I will wait until next week and if I don't hear anything by then I will call Hyatt Place to confirm.

To those of you who have been there previously, about how many walking blocks to a nearby restaurant. My husband uses a walker, but doesn't walk to far, two or three blocks is about all he will be able to handle.

It's been a few years since I have been but when we have gone there is an Outback Steakhouse just across the parking lot. A Publix / shopping strip is through the the hedges although no real restaurants there that I can remember.

I haven't been yet, but in my pre-trip researching, it looks like there are a few options very close. The Outback like sportsmum said, and an Italian place appear to be the closest. Across the road in the same plaza as Publix, there is Gilbert's 17th Street Grill, which I found from someone's review and then Googled - many people seem to suggest it!

I booked through Value Trips last Sunday, and have not heard back. So I just called Hyatt Place and as of now they don't have a reservation for us. She suggested that I contact Value Trips.

Thank you Sportsmum and Amp0289 for your response to my inquiry. It's most helpful.

I finally received a response from ValueTrips, it says they were having email server problems -

EFXAb4r4bIoG_AZzmEG8npYfbe3GJxXEnJc2AZ_yQ5A?dl=0&size=800x600&size_mode=3

Still waiting here. I've gone ahead and booked The Riverside HOtel. I can cancel if Value trips ever comes through. The rate was only $4.00 a night more with the AARP discount..but it doesn't have any of the transportation stuff or breakfast so it will ultimately be more expensive. Still hoping for Hyatt Place!! Oh and I did call Hyatt yesterday and they do not have a reservation for me