Valuetrips

helovestrains

I sent Value Trips an e-mail yesterday inquiring about our reservations. We shall see when they reply.

Dee, I also had made previous reservations at the Riverside Hotel. However we did not get it as reasonable as you have. I should use AARP and see if they will bring the rate down. We are paying $269. Plus paying for transportation to the Hotel. I hope we get into the Hyatt.

I sent Value Trips an e-mail yesterday inquiring about our reservations. We shall see when they reply.

Dee, I also had made previous reservations at the Riverside Hotel. However we did not get it as reasonable as you have. I should use AARP and see if they will bring the rate down. We are paying $269. Plus paying for transportation to the Hotel. I hope we get into the Hyatt.

And I just cancelled my reservation at The Riverside Hotel and booked at Embassy Suites, while waiting for the Hyatt Place. Room is larger with a balcony and breakfast. In the long run, it will be better, I think. They say it's tired but they say the same thing about The Riverside, lol. You could probably rebook and use AARP. I got the Embassy Suites for 230.00 a night

I just called Hyatt Place again and YES they have my reservations for 2 rooms.

I really was a bit concerned due to it being Easter week.

Now I will cancel my reservations for the Riverside Hotel.

Do I call the hotel the day before arriving at the airport for their shuttle pickup?

Dee I checked into the Embassy before booking Riverside, and being Easter week it was $335 before tax. A bit more then I wanted to pay being I am getting two rooms.

Has anyone waiting to hear from Value Trips received a confirmation yet? It has been 1 week for me & I did send an e mail....still nothing.

I booked with valuetrips for April $119. Embassy was$ 331. I really hate dealing with VT, such a pain waiting and waiting. What's there problem anyway?

I just called Hyatt Place again and YES they have my reservations for 2 rooms.

I really was a bit concerned due to it being Easter week.

Now I will cancel my reservations for the Riverside Hotel.

Do I call the hotel the day before arriving at the airport for their shuttle pickup?

Dee I checked into the Embassy before booking Riverside, and being Easter week it was $335 before tax. A bit more then I wanted to pay being I am getting two rooms.

hi. I called Hyatt Place again and this time they had my reservation. So I cancelled everything else. Lol. Still haven’t heard from ValueTrips. Great hotel rate, pretty lousy customer service. I’m glad both is us are all set

• 2 months later...

I did a search and this thread was brought up. Sorry to bring it up again but I have a question about valuetrips....

Is the rate quoted on their site BEFORE taxes and fees?

I have never heard of this site so not sure on their policies. Also, their website does not have a lot of detail (at least that I could see... lol).

We have a RCI cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale in March and the Haytt Place seems to be the favorite hotel to book before a cruise. I do want to make sure I understand their policies though.

Thanks!

I did a search and this thread was brought up. Sorry to bring it up again but I have a question about valuetrips....

Is the rate quoted on their site BEFORE taxes and fees?

I have never heard of this site so not sure on their policies. Also, their website does not have a lot of detail (at least that I could see... lol).

We have a RCI cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale in March and the Haytt Place seems to be the favorite hotel to book before a cruise. I do want to make sure I understand their policies though.

Thanks!

It's before taxes. Once you make the booking you can then deal directly with the hotel. We have booked the Hyatt Place with Valuetrips (last March pre-cruise) and would recommend them. What details are you needing ?

It's before taxes. Once you make the booking you can then deal directly with the hotel. We have booked the Hyatt Place with Valuetrips (last March pre-cruise) and would recommend them. What details are you needing ?

Thanks for your reply. :)

Does the shuttle pick you up at the airport? How much does it cost? And does the same shuttle drop you off at the port on cruising day? How much does that cost?

I understand there is a free breakfast included with stay, is it continental style?

I guess I'm trying to figure out cost before I book this place. I'm comparing it to a cheaper hotel I saw on trip advisor but that hotel does not have a shuttle nor breakfast...

I haven’t stayed there yet but I did research. If you go to the website of the hotel, there are most of the answers.

As I understand it, you call the hotel once you have your luggage and they tell you where to go to catch the shuttle. Cost is $2.00 per room. There is a shuttle from the hotel to the port . It’s 9.00 pp. You’re supposed to sign up for it once you arrive . The breakfast appears to be breakfast bowls. If you go the the Hyatt Place website, there is detailed info about the breakfast including a menu. They have breakfast bowls, with eggs and meats and stuff all together but I think there’s other stuff too

I haven’t stayed there yet but I did research. If you go to the website of the hotel, there are most of the answers.

As I understand it, you call the hotel once you have your luggage and they tell you where to go to catch the shuttle. Cost is $2.00 per room. There is a shuttle from the hotel to the port . It’s 9.00 pp. You’re supposed to sign up for it once you arrive . The breakfast appears to be breakfast bowls. If you go the the Hyatt Place website, there is detailed info about the breakfast including a menu. They have breakfast bowls, with eggs and meats and stuff all together but I think there’s other stuff too

In addition to your answers let me just add it's a hot breakfast buffet...not just bowls...and was surprisingly good...maybe not as many options as the Embassy Suites...but still very good.

We've stayed many times at the ES but will now opt for Hyatt Place.

I also wouldn't recommend their shuttle to the port...very crowded and over priced...Uber or taxi is a much better option.

I got denied one of my dates for in April and still waiting to hear on a date I submitted for May. I originally got a denial for that one too because I didn’t add my CC info. Someone posted in another thread that it wasn’t needed till arriving at the hotel. But valuetrips said it was. Their website didn’t look too secure and I didn’t want to enter it if not needed. I am hoping I hear something tomorrow as I resubmitted the request last Friday.

How long before most people hear back? I got the denials early the next morning after submitting the original requests. Thanks..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How long before most people hear back? I got the denials early the next morning after submitting the original requests. Thanks..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It took us almost 4 weeks to get our confirmation from valuetrips. We made the request in late September, got a confirmation email in November!

I did call the hotel once to see if the reservation was made, but it wasn't. You can do that anytime if you want to check. When I called, the hotel said they get the requests and process them in bunches, so maybe this has an effect.

My advice--make another booking somewhere that can be canceled, then when/if you hear from valuetrips, you can cancel the other booking. We were originally at La Quinta Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport for about the same price, on April 15. They had an airport shuttle and were close to a big shopping center with restaurants and stores to buy incidentals or wine. Hotel shuttle would take you there too.

Good luck

ML

It took us almost 4 weeks to get our confirmation from valuetrips. We made the request in late September, got a confirmation email in November!

I did call the hotel once to see if the reservation was made, but it wasn't. You can do that anytime if you want to check. When I called, the hotel said they get the requests and process them in bunches, so maybe this has an effect.

My advice--make another booking somewhere that can be canceled, then when/if you hear from valuetrips, you can cancel the other booking. We were originally at La Quinta Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport for about the same price, on April 15. They had an airport shuttle and were close to a big shopping center with restaurants and stores to buy incidentals or wine. Hotel shuttle would take you there too.

Good luck

ML

Wow....4 weeks,,,,who wants to wait that long.... I guess this isn’t a great option after all. Thanks....oh...and nothing in my email today either. :(

.....Debbie :)

It took them a while to get back to me, too. After 10 days, I called the hotel directly and they gave me my confirmation number. Eventually heard from valuetrips who said they’d had some server problems. Worked out but it did take some patience

Loved staying at the Hyatt last August and are using them again in December.Valuetrips is slow as reported above.I didn't call but looked up via my Hyatt account online and found my reservation that way.As for the airport shuttle,we used it after we dropped our rental car off and never had to pay any money(we drove down from Orlando).We used uber to get to the port and it cost about $14 for an SUV.That was for 4 of us so way cheaper then the hotel shuttle.

Loved staying at the Hyatt last August and are using them again in December.Valuetrips is slow as reported above.I didn't call but looked up via my Hyatt account online and found my reservation that way.As for the airport shuttle,we used it after we dropped our rental car off and never had to pay any money(we drove down from Orlando).We used uber to get to the port and it cost about $14 for an SUV.That was for 4 of us so way cheaper then the hotel shuttle.

How did you find your reservation,,,it asks for a res#.

.....Debbie :)