Questions about Upgrades and Bidding - Here You Go

garycarla

• 3 months later...

I wasn't able to find the answer to my question: after the initial upgrade offer, does NCL lower their minimum bids for upgrades as time goes on, if their inventory is wide open? Has anyone had a "second chance" or "third chance" bid offer?

I wasn't able to find the answer to my question: after the initial upgrade offer, does NCL lower their minimum bids for upgrades as time goes on, if their inventory is wide open? Has anyone had a "second chance" or "third chance" bid offer?

No. Since bidding continues to 48 before sailing, there is no reason to lower the minimum

No.

OK, thanks for your replies! I did go ahead and submit the minimum bid for a cabin that's two categories above what we booked. Our cabin fare has dropped so much since we booked it that even if we get our bid accepted, it's still several hundred dollars less than the fare we booked for our original cabin, so I figured - why not? I'll report in on the other thread when I find out if/when it is accepted.

• 1 month later...

We have bids in for our April sailing, on Jade, for OV and Balcony cabin upgrades. We really want balcony but would take upgrade to OV, anything better that inside. What happens if your OV is accepted? Does the balcony offer get voided then, or do they still consider that bid? And if they do, do you pay the difference between your OV upgrade and the balcony, or do you end up paying both if balcony upgrades?

We have bids in for our April sailing, on Jade, for OV and Balcony cabin upgrades. We really want balcony but would take upgrade to OV, anything better that inside. What happens if your OV is accepted? Does the balcony offer get voided then, or do they still consider that bid? And if they do, do you pay the difference between your OV upgrade and the balcony, or do you end up paying both if balcony upgrades?

I just submit a bid for the Jade in May and read through all the fine print/terms conditions. The automated process accepts just one of your bids. After it is accepted the rest are cancelled. What it didn't say is whether you get an offer to bid for an upgrade again from the new category. I imagine it is random just like the entire process.