Still trying to get info on Stanley the stowaway bear :)

tjcletsgo

Partial info from Princess. The bold was added by me. It's apparent from the text that the clothing comes off and can be changed to something else.

==================

Named in a Facebook contest that generated nearly 9,000 entries, Stanley was chosen in honor of the founder of Princess Cruises, Stanley B. McDonald. Stanley will appear on all Alaska sailings and interact with guests through various entertainment activities with engaging photo opportunities. On formal nights, he will dress up in his Captain's uniform and during the day wear themed apparel, such as a lumberjack outfit, tied to the destination. Stanley will also hold storytime hours for kids at the teen and youth centers.

Actual article located HERE (as well in other places online).

Please inform me when the Official Stanley the Stowaway Bear Cruises start, I don't want to be aboard. See American Girl Doll Cruises. Thank you for the warning.

All cruises are now Stanley cruises. Even a Baltic one last summer. You don't need to interact with him if you don't want to, and it consisted of one port stop picture, and one strolling around the atrium at dinner time (you could take a picture if you wanted to, but you don't have to). I don't recall other public appearances, though it may have been 2 port stops. If you've been to Alaska, you may have seen a penguin strolling around in Glacier Bay. It really wasn't much different with Stanley. I'm not a child, so I don't know about any stories or kids activities. Stanley is available in two sizes. The small one, I don't think the clothes come off, but I could be wrong. The bigger one is the build a bear size one, about 12 inches sitting, I think. I got home in the Baltic, and he came with the dinner jacket/pants and ship's hat. The jacket and pants come off. The hat holds on his head via 2 elastic loops (around his ears) and two plastic fasteners (the type that hold tags on clothes). The fasteners are easily removable; I haven't removed them. I didn't see any other clothes for sale, but I think they must be for sale in the future, if you're in the appropriate markets. The bigger one cost $24.95.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app