Carnival playing with my head

Cruisegirl6

Its been a long time now that we know that the Elation will be going into dry dock for updates...she has been in dry dock the past two weeks or so, and still NO word as to what updates they are completing on her? John Heald is also not mentioning anything and I find this very disrespectful and distracting in a way, because I want to go on the Elation this December, only I always get a balcony cabin so I as well as others here been sitting in limbo for so very long waiting to hear word just exactly will she have balcony cabins or not? I want to cruise in less than three months and I guess I can't wait much longer for this information, I just take another RC cruise as I like to choose my cabin and I am a bit picky where I like to be.

I am unsure whether balcony cabins will be added because I know many people on here that are booked in Oceanview rooms where others are saying they will be replaced with balcony cabins and as we all know, Carnival certain is not going to give out free balconies when people are paying for Oceanview rooms. What will happen to these people.....I recall on a past dry dock this happened and many who had the Oceanview staterooms that were converted to balconies had a day to pay an up charge for it and if they didn't they were automatically cancelled, is this going to happen again to so many people, seems that way should they actually add these balcony cabins....then people such as myself who are waiting in limbo to see whether balcony cabins will be added we want to book up a cruise now, not wait for this news, it just doesn't seem fair to us.

Why is Carnival so hush hush on this Elation dry dock, I wonder......clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

The Elation is going back into dry dock, after having to come out of dry dock to sail to safety due to a hurricane.

The Carnival Fascination is going to be used in the Elation's place for several weeks, while San Juan is closed to cruise traffic.

The Fascination has been upgraded with new restaurants, some excellent water slides, and balconies.

Hope that helps.

Maybe they wan.t to keep it a surprise!

ohn Heald is also not mentioning anything and I find this very disrespectful and distracting in a way, because I want to go on the Elation this December, only I always get a balcony cabin so I as well as others here been sitting in limbo for so very long waiting to hear word just exactly will she have balcony cabins or not?

What is disrespectful and distracting about Carnival not mentioning what the upgrades will be? That word disrespectful sure does get bantered around a lot. I don't feel a bit offended that Carnival is keeping the upgrades under raps, and it does not distract me either. It's not going to affect my decision to cruise on the Elation or not to. It's a lovely ship and we enjoyed cruising her a few times. Be patient.

What is disrespectful and distracting about Carnival not mentioning what the upgrades will be? That word disrespectful sure does get bantered around a lot. I don't feel a bit offended that Carnival is keeping the upgrades under raps, and it does not distract me either. It's not going to affect my decision to cruise on the Elation or not to. It's a lovely ship and we enjoyed cruising her a few times. Be patient.

Totally...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why is Carnival so hush hush on this Elation dry dock, I wonder......clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

Perhaps you haven't noticed. Carnival and every other cruise line in the Caribbean has an awful lot to cope with just now.

I'm sure Carnival will get to your personal briefing just as soon as it can. :rolleyes:

Broberts- I understand but there is no reason why they can't tell us what the updates will be, no reason.....Carnival really needs to get their act straight or things just keep going downhill for them.

I have been on the Fascination and feel bad for the people that have to go on her instead of the upgraded Elation...the Fascination is going for her own dry dock in January, which means she is due for a refurbishment, she is dated somewhat...she has no Alchemy bar as the Elation I know as a fact will get, she has the balconies for years now which is very nice and she doesn't have Guys Burgers or the Blue Iguana Cantina, so I can understand people complaining about the switch...on another note, Carnival is giving them the option go on the Fascination or get a refund or perhaps a credit not sure which one but they are allowing the passengers to make the choice from what I hear, so that is a good thing they are doing.

Carnival has been very disappointing to me, what happened to me back in May a long story but I was booked on the Dream, a long story short, I ended up going on RC Harmony of the Seas, (yes it was a true blessing as the Harmony/Oasis/Allure is our most favorite ships)...I wanted to take a back to back on the Elation but since I have no word as to the dry dock refurbishments I booked the Oasis for the end of next month, now I want to book December, if I don't get word by the end of this week, I am booking the Oasis up for December....Carnival really needs to get their act straight, let us know what is happening instead of having us guessing.

Broberts- I understand but there is no reason why they can't tell us what the updates will be, no reason.....Carnival really needs to get their act straight or things just keep going downhill for them..

I sympathize with your frustration. But it would not surprise me to learn that Carnival doesn't really know what is going to happen. They may well be considering cutbacks on the upgrades as I suspect the current situation is straining their cash flow.

Its been a long time now that we know that the Elation will be going into dry dock for updates...she has been in dry dock the past two weeks or so, and still NO word as to what updates they are completing on her? John Heald is also not mentioning anything and I find this very disrespectful and distracting in a way, because I want to go on the Elation this December, only I always get a balcony cabin so I as well as others here been sitting in limbo for so very long waiting to hear word just exactly will she have balcony cabins or not? I want to cruise in less than three months and I guess I can't wait much longer for this information, I just take another RC cruise as I like to choose my cabin and I am a bit picky where I like to be.

I am unsure whether balcony cabins will be added because I know many people on here that are booked in Oceanview rooms where others are saying they will be replaced with balcony cabins and as we all know, Carnival certain is not going to give out free balconies when people are paying for Oceanview rooms. What will happen to these people.....I recall on a past dry dock this happened and many who had the Oceanview staterooms that were converted to balconies had a day to pay an up charge for it and if they didn't they were automatically cancelled, is this going to happen again to so many people, seems that way should they actually add these balcony cabins....then people such as myself who are waiting in limbo to see whether balcony cabins will be added we want to book up a cruise now, not wait for this news, it just doesn't seem fair to us.

All those worries about the Elation, an old clunker.

So they tell you exactly what they are doing and then have to change plans for some reason or lesson some of the upgrades due to err, let's see, having to get the ship back into the water to avoid a hurricane.

If you booked on being told something specific is coming, which then doesn't get added to the ship, you'll be complaining because it's NOT there. The are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If it's that much of an issue, book a ship which isn't going through dry dock, then you'll know exactly what facilities it has!

And no, I'm not a Carnival cheerleader, I've never stepped foot on ANY Carnival ship, but I DO know how flipping hard those contractors are working to try and get the ship ready for people to enjoy again.

. I have no idea who took the photos whether they are accurate or not, as far as I can tell I can't even see the name of the ship, those photos very well COULD BE (not saying they are because I just don't know for sure) of another ship getting them such as the Fascination.

My husband is on the Elation right now, he's been working on it since the 3rd September. Trust me, she's getting balconies. :)

I have pictures from him but I won't post them on an open forum anymore.

I was in Freeport at the beginning of the month (on Ecstasy) and could see the ship in drydock. I assumed it was Elation and I could see the balcony cabins.

This is what cruisedeckplans dot com has on their website...

Next drydock is Aug 31 to Sep 27, 2017. Cole Porter lounge will be moved and the area will become staterooms. Guys, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Bar, Cherry on Top being added. Water Works is being added sometime after drydock is completed.

And this article says FunShip 2.0

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/789-carnival-fun-ship-refurbishment-schedule

Try asking Mr. Google. There's info out there on the World Wide Web! ;)

Aim1 hearing that your husband is on the ship he SURE KNOWS! This is great news thank you.

Zepherhillscruisers- Don't go there with me I am also in Florida and dealth with Irma myself along with other family!! Trust me, your not alone on that!

NCTribeFan-Thank you, I just wished they added a steakhouse but I can't have everything just so happy balconies are being added.

The other thing to look out for if you want to be sure about the ship you are seeing in the dry dock - look out for the Celestial Crystal next to the Elation. That's been chartered as an 'accommodation' ship for contractors working on the Elation. They are doing so much to the cabins, there are not enough to house all the contractors at the moment, hence them sleeping 'next door'.

Bumorgan - I keep politics out of my posts but since you brought it up......:DTHANK YOU for the HUGE compliment! I love President Trump!

Honestly, when you get in your middle and older ages, you come to realize you have nothing to loose in speaking your mind.

Me too Cruisegirl! Trump says what we think, and we who love him laugh at his antics while the other side cringe. It's true, speak your mind, however, what's disrespectful to one may not be disrespectful to another. I hate that that word is bantered about. If find anything going against our country, its flag and our national anthem is disrespectful to everyone.

Thank you for this, friend.