What get's lost in an Upgrade?

Seafan22

If someone wins an upgrade from a Balcony to a Haven Suite; specifically, what perks does that person not receive that people who bought the Haven Suite directly do receive?

Can we please just have direct answers to the question, and not a lot of other comments and kit chat. Thanks, we all appreciate it. Have a wonderful day.

They get ALL the perks that come with the Haven even if they bought it.

Now, at the risk of adding additional information and being scolded, I will add the following.

Any promotions that might be offered to folks buying the Haven would not be added. You will still get to keep the "Free At Sea" stuff you may have purchased when you bought your balcony.

Sorry if I added chit chat

This came up in the Upgrade thread earlier today - here

If someone wins an upgrade from a Balcony to a Haven Suite; specifically, what perks does that person not receive that people who bought the Haven Suite directly do receive?

Can we please just have direct answers to the question, and not a lot of other comments and kit chat. Thanks, we all appreciate it. Have a wonderful day.

As directly as I am able...

Those who booked long enough ago got a minimum of 4 choices totally free with their suite booking. In some cases, the choices were: SDP, UBP, DSC, Free 3-4 passenger(s), OBC, WIFI, or ShoreEX credits. Earlier this year things changed and those who purchase(d) suites since then, now pay for the 18% on UBP and SDP! Also, the DSC if it is/was not included in your pre-upgrade invoice will be $16.99 per person, per day (The SKY is $21.99 pp/pd).

(There may have been some things I missed). Anyway, if you move to any suite, you will also need to tip the butler and concierge.

Hopefully, this covered most of your question.

Cruise Critic just did a story on Upgrades and why you may choose to turn them down.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3017&et_cid=3000442&et_rid=16791838&et_referrer=NULL

Except I think they offer confusing information in bullet #4. And of course some people try to call perks and promo's the same thing. Getting the free beverage or dining package is a promo. Getting to eat in the Haven or use of Butler/Concierge is a perk. (at least to me)

Oh no... there I go chit chatting again. LOL!

OKAY - new answer. You get all the perks as someone that bought it in the first place. 100% true.

Currently if you book the Haven directly you get all Free at Seas promotions. For example: I am sailing on 10/1 Aft Haven Penthouse with this booking I received: 2 UBP, 3 meal specialty dining x 2, $300 OBC, $50 excursion credit for each port and Internet Package ($250 minutes). It is only me and my significant other but with booking the haven outright you are able to add extra statement guests for free. Last year I booked a balcony and called for an upgrade to H5 - courtyard penthouse. We did not receive all of the above that one would receive if they booked straight with the haven and were only able to keep the perk we chose when we booked our balcony, which was the UBP x 2.

That's the only difference as far as free at sea promos are concerned. Once in the Haven you are entitled to all the perks of the haven suites, i.e. butler, concierge, restaurant, lounge, courtyard, priority embarkation, priority debarkation, etc.

Currently if you book the Haven directly you get all Free at Seas promotions.

No longer the case. With a direct Haven booking, you get to choose all of the promos. It isn't automatically all.

Haven guests can choose all, some, or none of the promos. It used to be that all were included and there was no extra charge. Now, suite guests pay the 18% on the promos that charge them (SDP/UBP). Haven guests can choose to avoid paying the service charges by not taking those promos.

No longer the case. With a direct Haven booking, you get to choose all of the promos. It isn't automatically all.

Haven guests can choose all, some, or none of the promos. It used to be that all were included and there was no extra charge. Now, suite guests pay the 18% on the promos that charge them (SDP/UBP). Haven guests can choose to avoid paying the service charges by not taking those promos.

Why must everyone on this board pick a part every little thing that everyone types?? Yes you GET them all - you are entitled to them and if you so choose them then that is what you get. Yes you do have the option to choose but as of now you also have the option of having all of them. I didn't mention anything about not having service charges or not paying the 18% as a perk.

You get everything "Haven"

You get to keep the same promos that you had with the balcony, you don't get the other promos.

You get a higher DSC.

You get to tip your butler and concierge.

You get spoiled.

WAIT I see your response was much more detailed and helpful to the OP. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why must everyone on this board pick a part every little thing that everyone types?? Yes you GET them all - you are entitled to them and if you so chose them then that is what you get. Yes you do have the option to chose but as of now you also have the option of having all of them. I didn't mention anything about not having service charges or not paying the 18% as a perk.

You don't automatically "GET them all". You USED TO automatically get them all.

Why must some people get so upset when they are corrected? :rolleyes:

Why must people have no life and harass people on a cruise website for fun? Hmmm...wonders of the world.

You're making this too easy. :')

YOU posting something that was incorrect. You were then corrected.

YOU saw a post and responded to it.

How are YOU being harassed?....by being corrected?:confused:

You're making this too easy. :')

YOU posting something that was incorrect. You were then corrected.

YOU saw a post and responded to it.

How are YOU being harassed?....by being corrected?:confused:

Listen go onto NCL.com, do a mock booking for a cruise and then hold your mouse over the colored portion of the stateroom choices for Haven - it says "GET ALL FIVE" and lists everything that I listed. So yes, you do get all 5. I never see you help anyone just correct and make posts mocking people. I'm sorry you have nothing better to do with your time. I am genuinely trying to help the OP - you on the other hand seem like you have A LOT of time on your hands.

Listen go onto NCL.com, do a mock booking for a cruise and then hold your mouse over the colored portion of the stateroom choices for Haven - it says "GET ALL FIVE" and lists everything that I listed. So yes, you do get all 5. I never see you help anyone just correct and make posts mocking people. I'm sorry you have nothing better to do with your time. I am genuinely trying to help the OP - you on the other hand seem like you have A LOT of time on your hands.
When booking, after selecting "Stateroom Options" you have to CHOOSE...

"Choose the offer you are most interested in."

Norwegian Rate Choose this option for no special rates or promotions.

CHOOSE ALL 4 OFFERS - (BEST VALUE!)

CHOOSE THREE OFFERS: Free Unlimited Open Bar, Shore Excursion Credits, and Wi-Fi Package

CHOOSE THREE OFFERS: FREE Specialty Dining, Shore Excursion Credits, and Wi-Fi Package

CHOOSE TWO OFFERS: Shore Excursion Credits & Free Wi-Fi Package

In the "old days" (a few months ago), you didn't have to CHOOSE which promos to take (if any). They were automatically given to suite guests.

Why must everyone on this board pick a part every little thing that everyone types?? Yes you GET them all - you are entitled to them and if you so choose them then that is what you get. Yes you do have the option to choose but as of now you also have the option of having all of them. I didn't mention anything about not having service charges or not paying the 18% as a perk.

Sorry, but the poster was not "picking things a part", but was offering clarification.

Since at one time you did GET them all and now you can select or not select them all, some folks could be confused. In particular is the drink package. Getting it for $0 and having to pay the gratuity is a big difference. If it was not clarified, somebody could easily be upset when they got charged because they said we GET them all.

If it was not clarified, somebody could easily be upset when they got charged because they said we GET them all.

Even worse, someone booking a suite might accidentally pick "Norwegian Rate" and not get any promos. "Norwegian Rate" is the first option and all options show the same price (if 3rd/4th free isn't an option). It's only after the correct choice is made does the 18% service charge(s) show under details.