Disembarking: 9:45am Flight to early?

NjoyNmytime

Yes ... unfortunately, even if you made it, you would end your cruise on a very stressful note.

We've made it to FLL from Port Everglades by 8:30 AM before but on our last cruise from that port, we asked for early disembarkation as our flight was at 11:15 (15 minutes prior to the earliest recommended debarkation time). We barely made our flight ... no time to sit down before boarding once we arrived at the airport. While non-stops are preferable and getting home early is so much better than sitting around the airport waiting for your flight time, I wouldn't be comfortable with doing it. As a matter of fact, doubt if I would even book a flight before 11:45 any more.

Does the airline you are flying have the option to switching to an earlier flight if there are seats available? If so, I would book the later one and try to get on the earlier one if you made it on time. It's such a big IF, though.

Curious if you did earliest walk off possible or just earliest disembarkation? (I'm not sure if there's a difference? )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would be very risky. The ship may arrive in port at 6 AM but then it has to be cleared by the government before anyone can get off the ship which sometimes can take awhile. You will need to carry off your own luggage in the first group to leave so that there is no large lines at immigration. Hopefully you are carrying a passport which will make it easier to get cleared. If all goes well, you could be off and outside the terminal at 8 or so. The taxis are waiting and the drive is usually only 10 minutes or less depending on the traffic. At the airport you will need to give them your luggage, clear security (TSA stamp will be very helpful) and get to your gate. If all goes well, there should not be a problem and you can sink into your seat on the airplane and relax after a very stressful morning.

You need to find out how many ships will be in port that day and how many pax they will be debarking. You also need to consider the day you arrive back as weekdays can be heavy traffic for the roads and airport. If you miss your flight, you may not be able to get another one out until the next day or later as the airplanes are flying very full right now.

Very true with number of ships arriving at the port. Had a 1 PM flight out of FLL. We were off the ship and at the airport by 10AM. Early, right? FLL was completely packed. Between checking in with SW and going thru TSA (I have precheck) I finally made it to the gate by 12:30 PM and passengers were already starting to board the plane. No thank you to stress.

Yes ... unfortunately, even if you made it, you would end your cruise on a very stressful note.

We've made it to FLL from Port Everglades by 8:30 AM before but on our last cruise from that port, we asked for early disembarkation as our flight was at 11:15 (15 minutes prior to the earliest recommended debarkation time). We barely made our flight ... no time to sit down before boarding once we arrived at the airport. While non-stops are preferable and getting home early is so much better than sitting around the airport waiting for your flight time, I wouldn't be comfortable with doing it. As a matter of fact, doubt if I would even book a flight before 11:45 any more.

Does the airline you are flying have the option to switching to an earlier flight if there are seats available? If so, I would book the later one and try to get on the earlier one if you made it on time. It's such a big IF, though.

Yes, when did you get off? And if you didn't have as early a time as you asked for, why didn't you make a follow-up inquiry/request? If you booked walk-off with own luggage, unless ship was late, I don't understand.

First time cruising. We are on Regal in Port Everglades. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 6. Do you think I can make a 9:45am flight out of FLL? It's a domestic flight.

It all depends on your comfort level and your plan B.

We routinely make 7:30 to 8:00 AM flights on Delta off of the Regal and Royal.

We have the ability to switch to a later flight with no penalty if something goes wrong.

It all depends on your comfort level and your plan B.

We routinely make 7:30 to 8:00 AM flights on Delta off of the Regal and Royal.

We have the ability to switch to a later flight with no penalty if something goes wrong.

Delta is in smaller Terminal 2 with Air Canada. Not so busy as some of the other terminals in my experience. And some priority with Delta will help you. Agree you can do it if off the ship early. Someone has to fill those early planes and leave seats for the rest of the ship, right? ;)

You might want to consider getting a room for the night and flying out the next morning. Depending on prices I could get a morning direct flight way cheaper than any afternoon flights so I decided to just stay a night post cruise then get my morning direct flight home a day later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the OP stays with the 9:45 flight, he will have plenty of time the night before unable to sleep to get on his knees and pray everything goes as planned. He will have plenty of time before the ship arrives in port and is cleared to start debarkation procedures. Shall I lend him my beads.

We always do the earliest self disembarkation at Port Everglades and have never encountered a problem. We are usually in our car driving north on I 95 before 7 am. However if I was flying I probably wouldn't book anything before 11, just in case you need to go to Plan B!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't touch that early of a flight time. There are just too many variables that could happen. There has been more than one cruise where I have been delayed getting off the ship in PE.....

Bob

We've done a 10am flight to JFK and never had a problem. We walk off, only carry-on and TSA pre-ck. How do you know how many ships are in port? We are thinking of booking that 10am flight 1/28, when we get off the Regal?

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

7-day window.

Edited by steelers36