Is this true?

taram999

My husband and I are sailing in Vista next weekend. Because I like being responsible for my own money, we always set up seperate accounts on board. We don't even live in the same state, except weekends, and his ID is NY while mine is Ga. We booked the beverage package and each wanted to pay our own. She said we couldn't and he made the entire $900 payment on his card. Now I simply gave him the cash for my part, however, suppose I was traveling with a friend or co-worker? Would this still be the case? Does anyone have experience with this? TIA

It sounds like you just got a bad call taker. People say that you can split it if you order it over the phone. But yes, I travel with people where we pay our own way and very often charges can't be split - hotel room, rental car, airline tickets if you want them linked, etc. we just trade off purchases until we are even or settle up in cash. Not a big deal. I wouldn't share accommodations with someone I didn't trust to settle up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I are sailing in Vista next weekend. Because I like being responsible for my own money, we always set up seperate accounts on board. We don't even live in the same state, except weekends, and his ID is NY while mine is Ga. We booked the beverage package and each wanted to pay our own. She said we couldn't and he made the entire $900 payment on his card. Now I simply gave him the cash for my part, however, suppose I was traveling with a friend or co-worker? Would this still be the case? Does anyone have experience with this? TIA

$900.00 dollars for drinks alone ?

It sounds like you just got a bad call taker. People say that you can split it if you order it over the phone. But yes, I travel with people where we pay our own way and very often charges can't be split - hotel room, rental car, airline tickets if you want them linked, etc. we just trade off purchases until we are even or settle up in cash. Not a big deal. I wouldn't share accommodations with someone I didn't trust to settle up.

I once shared a room with my sister and I had a $100 OBC because I booked a "future cruise" the year prior while I was on board. Carnival put $50 credit on EACH of our S&S cards, even though it was MY credit, not hers. What an argument I had with them about that on the ship. They told.me she should just give me the cash, but if I remember for whatever reason she didn't have extra cash on her. After HOURS of arguing I finally.got it all moved to my acct. Seems like the same type of situation here.

It was my TA, a personal friend. I will say that I have called the fun shops for info several times recently and have received diffentt info EVERY time. I had a question about purchasing bottles of wine after reaching my 15 drink max and a supervisor told me "of it's not spelled out in the rules, it's subjective by ship". Of course he wouldn't send me that info via email....lol

I once shared a room with my sister and I had a $100 OBC because I booked a "future cruise" the year prior while I was on board. Carnival put $50 credit on EACH of our S&S cards, even though it was MY credit, not hers. What an argument I had with them about that on the ship. They told.me she should just give me the cash, but if I remember for whatever reason she didn't have extra cash on her. After HOURS of arguing I finally.got it all moved to my acct. Seems like the same type of situation here.

How odd. I cruised on Norwegian recently. There was an OBC credit from the TA. The person I was traveling with paid for the room so, of course, the credit should go to her. It was automatically split but guest services was able to fix it. They essentially bought her OBC and use the OBC from my account to pay for it.

No issues with it.

According to the other thread that's going on right now about this subject, if you want to put it on two different credit cards, you have to call Carnival and do it over the phone with a three way call (You, your friend and Carnival). They will not let you do it online.

The person said that you have to call Carnival, then call your friend while you are still on the phone with Carnival. Then both of you give you credit card info. Carnival will not make the third party call.

How odd. I cruised on Norwegian recently. There was an OBC credit from the TA. The person I was traveling with paid for the room so, of course, the credit should go to her. It was automatically split but guest services was able to fix it. They essentially bought her OBC and use the OBC from my account to pay for it.

No issues with it.

Therein lies the difference NCL vs. Carnival. OP is talking about how Carnival did it , has nothing to do with NCL.

You could have each gotten discounted Carnival Gift Cards and used them for payment. I thought I saw online that you could have used more than one CC, but that they both needed to be paid for in the same transaction. Maybe that’s what the problem is - that they either thought that you wanted to do it at separate times, or maybe that’s what you were actually trying to do which in that case won’t work.

If you are purchasing it in advance then it's generally put on the same card.

To make it easier (although a little more expensive), just set up your S&S card with separate accounts, go together to purchase Cheers when on board and they will ring it up separately. They do it all the time for my sister and I.

To make it easier (although a little more expensive), just set up your S&S card with separate accounts, go together to purchase Cheers when on board and they will ring it up separately. They do it all the time for my sister and I.

Except it’s $5pp per day more.

You could have each gotten discounted Carnival Gift Cards and used them for payment. I thought I saw online that you could have used more than one CC, but that they both needed to be paid for in the same transaction. Maybe that’s what the problem is - that they either thought that you wanted to do it at separate times, or maybe that’s what you were actually trying to do which in that case won’t work.

Nope. TA had both of our cards. I did get $1000 in carnival gift cards with my southwest points, but they might not be here in time. Of they are, great, I have.other onboard​ expenses. If not, that's fine too. I have a suite booked on the conquest next year. I'll just put the $1000 towards that.

It's all paid for now. I just gave him $500 cash. We will use that for our Expenses and excursions. No worries. Just annoying.

Nope. TA had both of our cards. I did get $1000 in carnival gift cards with my southwest points, but they might not be here in time. Of they are, great, I have.other onboard​ expenses. If not, that's fine too. I have a suite booked on the conquest next year. I'll just put the $1000 towards that.

Maybe they weren’t doing it right. Anyway at least it’s taken care of!

It is possible, but you have to call the fun shops. I did it for my cruise last November. I had my friend's card information and my own card. It was pretty easy because I had someone who knew what they were doing, but that doesn't always happen. Someone mentioned a 3 way call, but I didn't need to do that. I just needed the information from both cards.

I've also done it on board (before you could book online), and it was a lot more difficult. They said they would charge half to each of us, but still ended up charging it all on one account, so we had to go to guest services to get it resolved, and that messed something up so when they swiped our cards it didn't show the drink package. We had to go back to guest services and finally got it fixed.