Eastern........will it be a Western? - HOTS

2thesea

Disney Cruise Line has announced that their Eastern Caribbean sailing thru the Dec 2nd sailing will ALL be Western Caribbean. NO Eastern for DCL. Wonder when RCL will pick up the pace? So far RCL has only announced changes thru the end of October. I'm on the Dec 2 of HOTS and would love to know if Western is confirmed. I feel certain it will be BUT would be nice to know for sure. :o

Disney Cruise Line has announced that their Eastern Caribbean sailing thru the Dec 2nd sailing will ALL be Western Caribbean. NO Eastern for DCL. Wonder when RCL will pick up the pace? So far RCL has only announced changes thru the end of October. I'm on the Dec 2 of HOTS and would love to know if Western is confirmed. I feel certain it will be BUT would be nice to know for sure. :o

All you can do is keep checking this: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/US/en_US/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates.html

If storm 90L amounts to anything, then some of those cruises might become cruises to nowhere.

I'm on the Oasis November 4th. We are even still waiting. I don't mind too much. Keeps it interesting! Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To be honest I really don't care BUT I'm traveling with 15 family members that do. Several are first time cruisers. I'm "in charge" of the trip......YIKES!

If storm 90L amounts to anything, then some of those cruises might become cruises to nowhere.

:'):'):'):') Last year we were on a cruise from NYC to the Bahamas on Disney and we ended up in Canada instead. Talk about a packing nightmare. :eek:

I’m on the same cruise. It doesn’t seem like Royal is making entire shifts from East to West. Just substituting a few ports. St Maarten plans to reopen to some Cruises Nov 11th. So I think we’ll still go there.

Getting more and more curious about San Juan though. We will probably know closer to mid-Nov what will happen with that stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m on the same cruise. It doesn’t seem like Royal is making entire shifts from East to West. Just substituting a few ports. St Maarten plans to reopen to some Cruises Nov 11th. So I think we’ll still go there.

Getting more and more curious about San Juan though. We will probably know closer to mid-Nov what will happen with that stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't count on November 11th as a firm date.:(

I'm on the same cruise on RCCL. I really hope that they do not go to St.Martin or Puerto Rico. I know the islanders rely on tourism, but I cannot see them handling that volume in 2 months. I live in FL and know what it's like after a hurricane. We only had Irma come through as a 1 and things are still a mess. Personally, Nassau, Cozumel, and Costa Maya would be my preference.

I don't think St Martin expects to open to a full ship schedule. The way I read it their goal was to be open for some ships by 11-11. Might just be 1 ship per day or something or it might not happen that soon. What they said was they were going to try to get Port shops near the area around great Bay open.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on the same cruise on RCCL. I really hope that they do not go to St.Martin or Puerto Rico. I know the islanders rely on tourism, but I cannot see them handling that volume in 2 months. I live in FL and know what it's like after a hurricane. We only had Irma come through as a 1 and things are still a mess. Personally, Nassau, Cozumel, and Costa Maya would be my preference.

Nassau, Cozumel and Costa Maya were the ports RCL substituted for our Eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Harmony that sailed Sept. 23.

I'm on October 29 Allure and we just received the confirmation yesterday that San Juan and St Thomas were changed to Costa Maya and Cozumel. My co-worker who is on November 4 Harmony has not heard yet. You might not know until a few weeks before.