Breakaway - crown for holiday sailing

robbykapnj

Hi,

We sailed the Anthem last holiday season with our family - grown kids ages 18-24. If we switch it up and try the Breakaway this year - can we expect a decent group of families with college aged kids give or take and not just younger families? Does a Breakaway sailing for the holidays attract families from the tri-state area primarily? Or does it get a lot of foreigners visiting New York around this time of year? Anthem was mostly families but the 10 nighter lacked families with college-aged kids and there were only 30-35 in this group for our kids to meet and hang out with.

Also - what's there to do ont he cold sea days given there's no indoor pool or solarian or large promenade / 260 type lounge?

Thanks!

The ports are 14 miles apart, for me it takes the same amount of time to get to either. I would expect the demographics to be the same. Both of my older kids attend N.J. Universities, and the semester ends right before Christmas, I don’t know if that has anything to do with the low numbers you experienced. NCL does have young adult meet ups every night, and you can sign wavers for 18 - 20 years olds to drink beer and wine.

Before you decide on the Breakaway out of NY over Christmas College break. If you are looking at next year.

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners:

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 7-Day Bahamas & Florida sailings from New York of November 17, 24; December 1, 8 and 15, 2018; January 12, 19, 26; February 2, 9, March 16, April 13 and 20, 2019. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We are making an update to our 2018/19 deployment, to offer our guests an exciting opportunity to sail from New Orleans to Caribbean destinations on one of the line's newest and largest ships. Norwegian Breakaway will reposition from New York to New Orleans for her winter 2018/19 season and offer 7, 10 and 11-day cruises to the Caribbean. We are also repositioning Norwegian Escape for her summer 2018 through spring 2019 seasons to sail from New York where she will be sharing the Manhattan homeport with the recently refurbished Norwegian Gem. As a result of these realignments, Norwegian Breakaway sailings of November 17; 24; December 1; 8 and 15, 2018; January 12, 19, 26, February 2, 9, March 16, April 13 and 20, 2019 have been cancelled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums