Allure vs Oasis

Meh2o

Propulsion problem on Allure reduced our stay at 2 of our 3 stops on an Eastern itinerary. In all other respects it made no difference.

Choice of shows may be a factor as is the embarkation port. Otherwise not much difference between the 2.

If you book a suite then I found the concierges in suite lounge, plus the management team in Coastal Kitchen to be much better on Allure. That is a personal view, others may disagree. For that reason, I would book Allure if I decide to book a suite.

Tried one of each and liked Oasis better for their crew and passengers. Both extremely similar so itinerary is the deciding factor. We will be back on Oasis in January and like the Cape Canaveral port for distance from home and less crowding than Ft. L.

Try 1 of each.

We were on Oasis 6 weeks ago and are now on Allure ( and have previously been on Allure). Liked food better on Oasis, liked the fact that Oasis doesn't have a propulsion problem, disliked the fact that Cats is the show on Oasis. Also dislike having a Central Park balcony, which we have liked a lot on previous cruises, and finding that on the Allure now, the cabin is quite noisy during the day/-might as well be located on the pool deck. Other than those differences, love them both. Whichever you choose, I bet you come home a fan. :)

Interesting input. Thanks for this thread. Allure goes into a brief dry dock in January, I think, and I'm looking at June cruises. Allure is so much cheaper than Oasis, I wonder what contributes to that. Simply the propulsion issue?

Interesting input. Thanks for this thread. Allure goes into a brief dry dock in January, I think, and I'm looking at June cruises. Allure is so much cheaper than Oasis, I wonder what contributes to that. Simply the propulsion issue?

Supply and demand.

Supply and demand.

The supply on both ships is the same. The question is why is demand for Oasis higher than Allure - it didn’t used to be that way. The propulsion issue may be a part of it, and Oasis is the top dog out of PC. Allure competes with her younger sister out of PE. I may be mistaken, but I think PC lends itself more to first time cruisers with the cross appeal of Orlando. Repeaters are likely willing to pay a premium for something slightly different in Harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretzel dogs in the Wipe Out cafe on the Oasis.

No pretzel dogs in the Wipe Out cafe on the Allure.

'Nuff said.

Tim

Good point.

However, one would think CATS vs Mamma Mia would make up for the lack of pretzel dogs.;)

Thats funny, when I went to book the upcoming cruise, Oasis was half the price of Allure and Oasis was for a eastern itinerary...

Good point.

However, one would think CATS vs Mamma Mia would make up for the lack of pretzel dogs.;)

I would prefer to see Mamma Mia. I saw CATS several years ago, at the Fox Theater in Detroit and other than the cute cat costumes I didn't care for it at all, and wouldn't go see it on Oasis so I hope that by February 2019 they have a new show. :)

I wanted to go on either the Oasis or Allure, really didn't care which, but when I saw Oasis left from Port Canaveral and Allure left from Ft. Lauderdale that made my choice right there. We much prefer PC to leave from, and spend time in before or after the cruise.