Most Vivid Cruise Memory - happy ones only please!

Luckyroot

My first cruise at the end of August 2001. I remember it so dearly because at first i didn't want to go on a cruise but my DW booked it anyway. I remember how nice it felt cruising out of New York Harbor. I rememer admiring the WTC's as we left NY.

These are such great memories.

I have to say each cruise holds some very special memories. The last cruise is highlighted by the new friends we have made. The ultimate memory so far has to be on our Millenium cruise a year ago this week! I just remember how special it was being about to sit early in the morning out on the balcony, watching the sunrise as I sipped coffee. The ocean was so calm and beautiful, with the sun's reflection. Then each evening after dinner (early seating) we would sit on the balcony and sip some port watching the stars in the absolutely beautiful clear skies. It was so peaceful, romantic and beautiful. I remember feeling like I was the happiest person in the world, as we gazed at the sky and at each other.

Marj

Our very first cruise in 1988 with American Hawaii Cruise Lines, on the INdependence.

Built in the 1950's I think.

The first couple of days most of the passengers were complaining on the condition of the ship and were comparing it to Princess.

Being our first cruise we thought every thing was fine...... and It was!!

It taught us that a cruise is what you make of it we had the time of our lives and have enjoyed many more.

The last cruise is highlighted by the new friends we have made.
Really? You made friends? Did we meet them, too?;)

The ultimate memory so far has to be on our Millenium cruise a year ago this week!

Hey, wait, I think we just got demoted!:(

:D Just teasing- I just posted on the 'favorite bar' thread about sitting at the aft bar, having wine and sushi and watching the wake, and, of course, was thinking about the two of you!

Andrew

On our first cruise in Feb. of 2002 my Ds and I went swimming late at night during very heavy seas. The water threw us back and forth. It got so violent that I got scared and had to get out. I will never forget that feeling of being flushed down a toilet.

Another good memory from that cruise was winning $750 in Bingo on the last day and doing the Bingo Boogie.

Michelle in SoCal

My very first cruise of relaxation was on the NCL Leeward. Serving in the military for 24 years I had crossed every body of water several times. My DW had a nurses conference to attend in Miami, she booked a 4 dayer as my first civilian cruise. She was an experienced crusier and wanted to introduce me to this wonderful technique of relaxation. Well needless to say I loved it. The ship was great and everything else about it was equally as great. That was about 9 years ago, we set sail once again in about two weeks on our 13th cruise together. Beleive this or not, I rate every ship against the Leeward's standard, have only been disappointed once!:)

Our very first cruise in 1988 with American Hawaii Cruise Lines, on the INdependence.

Built in the 1950's I think.

The first couple of days most of the passengers were complaining on the condition of the ship and were comparing it to Princess.

Being our first cruise we thought every thing was fine...... and It was!!

It taught us that a cruise is what you make of it we had the time of our lives and have enjoyed many more.

We have been on cruise ships before and after sailing on Independence, but I have to say that was one of our most favorite cruises yet! We would have loved to sail her again, but she was out of business the very next year. I will always be grateful for that experience and I almost regret not having the opportunity to sail on Norway.

My most memorable cruise moment has to have been the first glimpse of our very first cruise ship, Disney Magic, in 1998. DH had been telling me for years that I would love cruising and I'm a Disney fan, once I heard they were building a cruise ship, there was no way I was going to miss that! I was definitely not disappointed, the whole trip was magical.

This is an easy one. Several years ago we were lucky enough to snag 8181 (one of those FV cabins aft) on Summit (she had only been sailing a couple of months at the time. We were cruising just after the Christmas and New Years holidays and got to become friends with a crew member at guest relations. She happened to be dating (and is now married to) the lead singer in the onboard acapella group, Metro (anyone else remember them?). That meant we got to know the Metro guys pretty well, too.

As we sailed away from St. Thomas (our last port of call on the cruise), Metro joined us and other friends sailing with us for a little sailaway party on the marvelous balcony that accompanies cabin 8181. They treated us to a concert of tunes from West Side Story as the sun set at sea and the lights of St. Thomas twinkled as they faded away.

It was a magical 30 minutes. A private concert that brought tears to your eyes. WOW....were we lucky!?! It felt like we were in a movie.

;)

So many great memories -- thanks all for shariong.

I tried to sort through mine -- like Susan (Nu2Sea) I play them over at nlight when I am too tired or too tense to fall asleep right away. This works!

but I thlnk my mosts vivid memorywas aboard thye QE2 several years ago on the last leg of the Panama Canal cruise. We had spent the day at our last port, the little fishing village on the west coast of Mexico, and a big sailaway party was scheduled on the upper aft deck. The band started playing just as the sun was setting, drinks were flowing, many passengers were wearing the colorful outfits they had purchased in Panama and Mexico ports. The party continued as the lights begn to twinkle on the hillsides around the u=shaped bay and we pulled out. It was a great party that lasted for hours - and somehow summed up everything I had thought cruising should be -- and usually is.

I commandeered one of the lounge chairs on deck and lay there long after everyone else had left, gazing at the stars, caressed by a soft ocean breeze, lulled into sleepiness by the gentle motion of the sea.

A wonderful night!!!!!

love

joan

Our most vivid memory was during our first cruise in Jul 1991 which was on Carnival's Jubilee. We witnessed a magnificent 6 minute noon time total solar eclipse off the coast of Mazatlan. The ship's master acceded to passenger requests by altering Jubilee's itinerary for the day to optimize the viewing for everyone (we ended up docking twice at Mazatlan--with no passenger offering to pay more for the extra port charges I might add). We began the day watching a pair of waterspouts from storm clouds and at the end of totality there was a school of dolphins leaping out of the water in the ship's wake.

Our first was on the Nordic Empress its maiden year. Booked the lowest inside category late - the cruise was in 3 weeks. Tickets said TBA for room and we didn't get our room number till we got to the port. We were such newbies that we didn't realize the first number in the room number was the floor (8). When we got to the floor, we realized, as we saw all the open doors, that we would have an Outside. After we closed the door, we danced and laughed like little kids - we were so excited.

Second best had to be the very early morning hours on the Lido on Century while we watched a school dolphins following the ship. Fantastic!

Archived