5 Viking Sea Breakfast Venues? Menu Please

harryw

Arg!!!! Wish I'd ordered one when I had the chance! Now I have to wait until our next VO cruise, which may not be for at least 2 yrs. [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had seen the pictures and looked forward with much anticipation but was underwhelmed. I don't think mine was made when ordered and I kind of felt like Peggy Lee in "Is That All There Is". I'm going to give it a second shot in April.

I had seen the pictures and looked forward with much anticipation but was underwhelmed. I don't think mine was made when ordered and I kind of felt like Peggy Lee in "Is That All There Is". I'm going to give it a second shot in April.

I have to admit that ours was delicious but we behaved ourselves and had it once but it was made fresh

I didn't think the waffle was absolutely fabulous, and I didn't care for the cheese. However, I DID like the fact that Mamsen's offers an alternative for breakfast that is calmer and less popular than the World Cafe and The Restaurant. You just pick out a table, someone makes sure you have coffee and OJ if you want it, and you enjoy your waffle and fruit without any fanfare. It's a nice change from going up and down the line in World Cafe, looking, looking, looking, and a little less formal and predictable than eating at The Restaurant. I'm happiest when I rotate among World Cafe, The Restaurant, Living Room for a muffin and coffee breakfast (especially if you're on an early morning excursion and want a fast breakfast), room service and Mamsens. I like variety.

Sorry, harryw, didn't go there for anything but breakfast. However, the pea soup is apparently pretty popular at other times. I think there are other little finger food type things to go along with the soup, but I'm afraid I'm a little close-minded when it comes to eating Scandinavian food, so I didn't get back to Mamsens to try those.

Edited by roothy123

I didn't think the waffle was absolutely fabulous, and I didn't care for the cheese. However, I DID like the fact that Mamsen's offers an alternative for breakfast that is calmer and less popular than the World Cafe and The Restaurant. You just pick out a table, someone makes sure you have coffee and OJ if you want it, and you enjoy your waffle and fruit without any fanfare. It's a nice change from going up and down the line in World Cafe, looking, looking, looking, and a little less formal and predictable than eating at The Restaurant. I'm happiest when I rotate among World Cafe, The Restaurant, Living Room for a muffin and coffee breakfast (especially if you're on an early morning excursion and want a fast breakfast), room service and Mamsens. I like variety.

Sorry, harryw, didn't go there for anything but breakfast. However, the pea soup is apparently pretty popular at other times. I think there are other little finger food type things to go along with the soup, but I'm afraid I'm a little close-minded when it comes to eating Scandinavian food, so I didn't get back to Mamsens to try those.

I on the other hand, cannot wait to eat breakfast lunch in Mamsen[emoji4]

I am half Danish and remember the review from the Viking Star first sailing about the wonderful Scandinavian type offerings. I hope they still serve liverposte on rye bread, just like my Bestamor fancy Danish lunches.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I on the other hand, cannot wait to eat breakfast lunch in Mamsen[emoji4]

I am half Danish and remember the review from the Viking Star first sailing about the wonderful Scandinavian type offerings. I hope they still serve liverposte on rye bread, just like my Bestamor fancy Danish lunches.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re with you and totally looking forward to all the Scandinavian dishes on board.

Here, I hope, is the menu you hang on you door at night.https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=347054&d=1429647098

We did room service breakfast several times before early shore ex. But if I wanted hot eggs etc. I’d go elsewhere. But for coffee, juice, and croissant, room service was great.

Here, I hope, is the menu you hang on you door at night.https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=347054&d=1429647098

We did room service breakfast several times before early shore ex. But if I wanted hot eggs etc. I’d go elsewhere. But for coffee, juice, and croissant, room service was great.

Thank you so much! That is "eggsactly" what I was looking for! All I need is a couple of eggs any which way before a long day. I can last hours on it but anything that is just carbs will give me a hunger headache in less than two hours.

Thank you so much! That is "eggsactly" what I was looking for! All I need is a couple of eggs any which way before a long day. I can last hours on it but anything that is just carbs will give me a hunger headache in less than two hours.

The morning we were to start the partial transit of the Panama Canal we decided to do room service breakfast. My omelet was great. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the menus.

Glad I will have six sea days in a row on my upcoming TA.

The options for breakfast are wonderful , and so are the lunch offerings in Mamsen!

Good toI know that four times aorund the promenade deck is 1 mile. :)

I will be walking it daily.

We used room service on Homelands for 5am as St Petersburg was early mornings both days, food cam within 5 minutes and was hot, we ordered eggs, toast, fruit, juice and coffee and all was to our order and tasty.

Other days we did the buffet and it was good for our breakfast needs.

What are some of the options for Room Service Breakfast? We have a couple of early days and I don't want to worry about getting held up at breakfast. I do have fresh fruit and a couple of eggs every day. I'm hoping we can get get them sent to our room those mornings. I've read about a hang tag to put on my door the night before. Does anyone have a picture or where I can find an image?

We used the order form but put 5am for our time as we needed to get off the ship before 6:30 in Dt Petersburg and eggs were hot, toast fresh, coffee hot juice cold and came within 5 mins of our 5 am request

Thank you so much!

That is "eggsactly" what I was looking for! All I need is a couple of eggs any which way before a long day. I can last hours on it but anything that is just carbs will give me a hunger headache in less than two hours.

Here (attached) are an MDR breakfast menu and the Mamsen's menu. These are not recent and are likely out of date - I think I downloaded them from elsewhere on this board, but I don't remember when. But they'll give you an idea of what to expect!

Looks delicious! How late does

the MDR serve breakfast

? Mamsens seems to be 10 am.