Alcoves

Tennant

We are planning to book an alcove for the week for our upcoming cruise on the reflection. It seems pricing has gone up a bit but now more things are included like champagne or wine, beer, water, etc. I was just on the phone with celebrity and she also said that lunch at the porch was included for two guests. Can anyone confirm Trey received this perk because the website doesn't include that as a perk.

Also have people generally liked having an alcove? We are traveling with our 9 mth old son and we want a home base so we don't have worry about getting a spot on deck everyday.

Thanks!

I have an alcove booked for Easter 2018 and 2019 and haven’t seen this change. Booked the 2019 one today and the price is the same as the 2018 (and the one I had this year!) - wonder if they will honour the price if it does include the lunch. Not worried about drinks as have a drinks package.

We are planning to book an alcove for the week for our upcoming cruise on the reflection. It seems pricing has gone up a bit but now more things are included like champagne or wine, beer, water, etc. I was just on the phone with celebrity and she also said that lunch at the porch was included for two guests. Can anyone confirm Trey received this perk because the website doesn't include that as a perk.

Also have people generally liked having an alcove? We are traveling with our 9 mth old son and we want a home base so we don't have worry about getting a spot on deck everyday.

Thanks!

We love the alcoves, and it will be great with your son because you will always have shade, and he can crawl around on the Grass that is right beside the alcove.

We have booked an alcove for the week on our last 5 Reflection cruises. Having a handicap, it serves was a great spot to come and go without the battles. The porch has never been included, but that was before the price jump. You get the fruit and cheese plate, and we often grab some snacks with wine late afternoon. Would have to call to find out about the porch

They are now saying a bottle of champagne, grey goose or white wine (pick one) is included plus a bucket of 6 beers and 4 liters of water. But I can't find anyone that has actually received these perks yet. The price jump was only for sea days on the last on the phone said the perks apply to everyday booked. Just seems like celebrity would give more perks for no reason. All this plus free lunch at the porch for first two guests and 20% discount for any additional guests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are now saying a bottle of champagne, grey goose or white wine (pick one) is included plus a bucket of 6 beers and 4 liters of water. But I can't find anyone that has actually received these perks yet. The price jump was only for sea days on the last on the phone said the perks apply to everyday booked. Just seems like celebrity would give more perks for no reason. All this plus free lunch at the porch for first two guests and 20% discount for any additional guests.

What price are you seeing for this?

Thanks!

I love the alcove and think this would be great for your family. Your baby will love crawling on the grass!

Jojo

Alcoves I’ve booked are at those prices but there is no mention on the website of those perks. We certainly didn’t get it in July - we did get unlimited Evian and a lovely fruit and cheese plate. We were offered a room service menu and they would have delivered straight to the Alcove but we didn’t need anything. We could have used the attendant for drinks but I could quite easily go to the Sunset Bar myself for those. I left my mum for a couple of hours herself and they were most attentive to her!

Wendy

This is the wording from the website:

maybe this only applies to the Solstice? However that is not what I was told when I called.

he chic Alcoves comprise eight (six on Celebrity Solstice from 31 October 2016) cabana-style areas that can accommodate up to 6 guests between 9am and 9pm. Their secluded setting is the perfect complement to the outdoor activity of the Lawn Club – step out of an alcove and you are immediately on real green grass. Look outside and see stunning views of the sea, with your exotic destination on the horizon. Please note, Alcove amenities vary by ship. Check onboard for details.

The Alcoves are serviced by our dedicated Alcove Attendants, who will meet your needs whenever you need a top up or extra bite. The Alcoves are all about giving you room to breathe – so the addition of fresh fruit and water in each alcove means you can sit back, relax and enjoy a space that’s exclusively yours.

Once onboard you can reserve an Alcove between US$99 - US$249*.

Celebrity Solstice Alcoves:

Port Days - US$99 per alcove

Sea Days - US$249 per alcove

Fresh fruits skewers / fruit popsicles

All day Room service menu available

Choice of : Veuve Rose, Grey Goose, or bottle of white wine

Bucket of 6 assorted beers

4 Bottles of Evian Ltr

Butler service (phone available)

Chilled towels

Complimentary viewing of films of the Lawn Club (if booking on a Taste of Film evening).

*Prices vary by ship, and whether you are hiring on a sea day or port day.

maybe this only applies to the Solstice? However that is not what I was told when I called.

he chic Alcoves comprise eight (six on Celebrity Solstice from 31 October 2016) cabana-style areas that can accommodate up to 6 guests between 9am and 9pm. Their secluded setting is the perfect complement to the outdoor activity of the Lawn Club – step out of an alcove and you are immediately on real green grass. Look outside and see stunning views of the sea, with your exotic destination on the horizon. Please note, Alcove amenities vary by ship. Check onboard for details.

The Alcoves are serviced by our dedicated Alcove Attendants, who will meet your needs whenever you need a top up or extra bite. The Alcoves are all about giving you room to breathe – so the addition of fresh fruit and water in each alcove means you can sit back, relax and enjoy a space that’s exclusively yours.

4 Bottles of Evian Ltr

Chilled towels

Complimentary viewing of films of the Lawn Club (if booking on a Taste of Film evening).

Gosh I hope this is true - we are doing an alcove on our upcoming XMAS/NYE cruise

We also love the alcoves and try to book either for the entire week or for all sea days- Traditionally, we get a beautiful fruit and a cheese platter as well as bottled water included in the fee. We also had the waiter from the porch bring us lunch to our alcove- but if you do not have the unlimited dining package, you pay for the lunch.

Never had lunch included before, but perhaps something new to look forward to when we are next on the Silhouette in March.

4 Bottles of Evian Ltr

Chilled towels

Looks great, but I don't see that lunch is included. I'm wondering if they're doing this on the Silhouette too.

We rented an alcove on our last Celebrity cruise and will never do it again. There is hardly anybody up there during the day and it is very boring. Depending on which way you're sailing we had direct sun most of the day and it was very hot. It was too windy when we were out to sea so they said they could not put the canopy up. Very disappointing. The only time we enjoyed it was at night when they had a guitar player on the lawn and served sangria and tapas. I would not recommend renting one.

Also, they are given out on a first come, first served basis, so if there is a particular one you want, or a particular side of the ship you want to be on, make sure you get up there early as soon as they open.

Also I thought you rented a specific one for the week? Part of the appeal is not having to fight for a seat each day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You rent them by the day. If you rent one for the week, you can speak to the attendant first thing about which you prefer.

For the holiday cruise we took a couple of years ago, the kids got there early and were told to pick which they wanted. We ended up with that one all week. The following cruise, we picked a different one. We found we liked the other one better. Let the attendant know. The next day, we were at our preferred alcove.

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2017 at 6:46 PM, Tennant said:

there is a couple on the equinox now.  they got 4 liters of water, offered a bottle of grey goose and beers!  they have fruit and cheese and the room service menu.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, Tennant said:

Was able to book for the whole cruise. Hope we like it!

You should get a 20% discount.  Tell the restaurant manager or if in a suite your suite lounge concierge to make sure you get the discount.