Sailing From NY. Can I bring Soda?

karinad

You cant take, it will be seized if they find it. There is nothing else to add that will explain this any more fully and yet I know a plethora of responses will follow.
Well, let me add to the plethora..... [emoji6]

Some passengers have "claimed" that they have received permission from the Access Desk (accessdesk@ncl.com) to bring on certain Coke products due to allergies to Pepsi product ingredients...... not sure I believe them but it is a claim and if there are legitimate allergies then the exception is granted.

With the OP's statement that they "can only drink diet caffeine free coke" then they may be in that minority where it's allergy related.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

They will take it from you.

You can, however, get a Liquid Policy Exemption from the Access Desk (this shows right on your eDocs). We have one. It took a ton of back and forth (letters and calls), but it was finally granted.

As a Type I diabetic who sometimes gets sea sick, I wanted it for diet ginger ale. We did carry on a small six pack on last cruise (those tiny cans) and I did drink a couple, so I was glad we went to the effort.

Hopefully you have some time before your cruise in order to get this settled in case it takes a while for you as well.

I contacted the access desk as my husband is diabetic and so needed diet tonic water. NCL don't have it on board so we have been told in an email that we can take it with us. Not sure if this will happen or not, but hope it does a sit took a lot of emails and phone calls to get the permission.

I contacted the access desk as my husband is diabetic and so needed diet tonic water. NCL don't have it on board so we have been told in an email that we can take it with us. Not sure if this will happen or not, but hope it does a sit took a lot of emails and phone calls to get the permission.

if its in your carryon, it will definitely be taken.

you can try putting it in your checked bag... it may get thru. we have gotten bottled water thru several times. the worst that happens is it gets taken from you.

If you have the liquid exemption, it will show on your eDocs. There will be a little water bottle picture.

We brought ours in our carry-on. Security will question it, but we just showed them the exception on our eDocs and we were waved through.

I would not put it in your checked luggage. Too much of a chance that it wouldn't get to you.

By the way, we've done this out of Miami -- no other ports yet.

Would diet or caffeine-free Pepsi products worked? as they are sold at the concession beyond port security at MCT

... since there is no secondary screening.

54e2cf82fcc77de715dfc255a71463e6.jpg

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Would diet or caffeine-free Pepsi products worked? as they are sold at the concession beyond port security at MCT

... since there is no secondary screening.

54e2cf82fcc77de715dfc255a71463e6.jpg

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Is that the Manhatten Port? I would be ok with diet-caf-free pepsi. Thanks! I guess they charge $3/bottle like in the airports!