Nightly room service

Produce123

I think the older ships had coolers more like wine coolers. The last 2 cruises the Magic and Dream were real refrigerators. The beer, water and soda were very cold, probably high 30's.

Same story on the Vista two weeks ago. We weren't sure at first whether it was a "real" fridge since there wasn't a small "freezer" area inside it, but my sodas got nice and cold. We did prop the cabinet door open a bit for ventilation flow.

Is gratuity for room service added to your sign and sail account? Do you tip extra if it is not? and how much do you tip?

Unless you prepay gratituties they are added to your S&S account.

From the Carnival FAQs:

Our recommended guideline to what is appropriate is $12.95 USD per person, per day for guests in standard stateroom accommodations and $13.95 USD per person, per day for guests booked in suites. The majority of the tipping amount goes to employees such as stateroom stewards, assistant stewards, dining room waiters and assistant waiters. A small portion goes to a mix of other personnel who are in guest-facing customer service positions within areas such as culinary and hotel services, along with certain key positions in entertainment and guest services. Here is the breakdown, per day:

Housekeeping Team: $4.05 ($5.05 for suites)

Dining Team: $6.40

Alternative Services: $2.50

There are a number of threads about this if you'd like to tip above this amount.

Is gratuity for room service added to your sign and sail account? Do you tip extra if it is not? and how much do you tip?

Unless you prepay gratituties they are added to your S&S account.

From the Carnival FAQs:

Our recommended guideline to what is appropriate is $12.95 USD per person, per day for guests in standard stateroom accommodations and $13.95 USD per person, per day for guests booked in suites. The majority of the tipping amount goes to employees such as stateroom stewards, assistant stewards, dining room waiters and assistant waiters. A small portion goes to a mix of other personnel who are in guest-facing customer service positions within areas such as culinary and hotel services, along with certain key positions in entertainment and guest services. Here is the breakdown, per day:

Housekeeping Team: $4.05 ($5.05 for suites)

Dining Team: $6.40

Alternative Services: $2.50

There are a number of threads about this if you'd like to tip above this amount.

Room service is not included in the auto-gratuities. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123/kw/gratuities

You didn't scroll down far enough to capture "Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered."

The Vista has real fridges. As others mentioned, pick up a couple of cartons of milk at breakfast and put them in the fridge. I always grabbed a few cookies at lunch or dinner and brought them back to my cabin for a snack. Sometimes I brought a few slices of salami and cheese back for something quick to eat if I had an early morning excursion (I transferred to ziplocks I brought in cabin, to keep it fresher in fridge). I prefer protein in the morning, so it worked out perfect.

PS I thought I had better edit and let those know that might jump to conclusions...food was eaten in my cabin and not taken off the ship. I know the rules.

Edited by crzndeb
Clarify

Sometimes I brought a few slices of salami and cheese back for something quick to eat if I had an early morning excursion (I transferred to ziplocks I brought in cabin, to keep it fresher in fridge). I prefer protein in the morning, so it worked out perfect.

What a great tip, thanks

Room service is not included in the auto-gratuities. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123/kw/gratuities

You didn't scroll down far enough to capture "Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered."

Thanks for catching that ,,,, I read too fast and missed the "room service" part of the question :) You are totally correct.

For Room Service - We tip $3 for coffee and juice and $5 for full continental breakfast for the 2 of us.