Just off Equinox Oct 6th Sailing - Any Questions

EtherlyCC

In Jamaica they brought on a local band to the pool area - they were fantastic. I found out later one of the band member's father was a bartender on board. Celebrity allowed a lot of the Jamaican crew members to bring their families on board which I thought was a really classy thing to do!

Hi Graeme we are on the same cruise next week (in the U.K. and the rain is chucking down at the moment so looking forward to some sunshine)When you say you went to Nikki beach and Eagle beach area are they walking distance from the ship ? (we don’t have any walking difficulties) or did you get a bus/taxi ?

Again the same question for Kontiki Beach from the ship: walk /taxi ?

In Bonaire Can we walk into town from the ship?

What did you do in Grand Cayman? Are you able to walk to places?

We have booked a ship tour for Jamaica.

We are happy to book organised trips if needed but would prefer to wander off the ship and walk to places when possible,

Thank you

Hi Tac sorry for delay been busy catching up this weekend (grandkids, work etc.)

Nikki beach is $10 taxi ride towards the airport (10 mins max), eagle beach about $15 and the other way. Nikki beach is walkable but very hot, taxi is easy.

Grand Cayman we went to 7 mile beach, palm resort, taxi was $4pp, entrance was free but $12each for sun lounger, good facilities though.

Hope this helps

Did you try Silk Harvest by chance, and if yes, how was it? Sailing on Equinox December 2-9, Western Caribbean cruise! Have yet to try this Specialty restaurant!

We did Silk Harvest on the 1st night and our experience was excellent, great service and food, also got 30% discount ($25pp), We also did Murano twice (excellent both times) and Tuscan twice (very moderate service and food). Had we not already booked Tuscan twice we would have changed to silk harvest on second time but were told all were full.

This is our opinion.

Thanks! We have Luminae to enjoy most of the week of our cruise, but that might steer me away or do Murano instead, but I might give it a one time chance to see how food, atmosphere, etc. plays out! Thank you so much for your response!!!

Luminae was great, try to get Felix as your waiter. He is being promoted to head waiter on the Edge. The Jerusalem Artichoke soup is excellent. Give Silk a try, the flavor of our food was good. I still wonder how my orange chicken was so crispy even though it was cold. It would be more fun if you had four or six people because they serve family style.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! We have Luminae to enjoy most of the week of our cruise, but that might steer me away or do Murano instead, but I might give it a one time chance to see how food, atmosphere, etc. plays out! Thank you so much for your response!!!

Also, I forgot to say, we really enjoyed Murano. We had the chateaubriand for two, it was excellent. Friends of ours won't go to Murano anymore because the service is "too slow", we didn't mind it in there. Our food was delivered hot and prepared as ordered. If you "are in a hurry", I would tell the waiter when you arrive.

We did Silk Harvest on the 1st night and our experience was excellent, great service and food, also got 30% discount ($25pp), We also did Murano twice (excellent both times) and Tuscan twice (very moderate service and food). Had we not already booked Tuscan twice we would have changed to silk harvest on second time but were told all were full.

This is our opinion.

Also did Silk Harvest on first night, but just keep asking until they give you 50% discount.

Silhouette and Reflection are the only ships that have LCG. :)

also featured on equinox, very good all three even if a girl was less good, she went down on October 16th

I have to admit, I have no idea what you are talking about. :')

We did Silk Harvest back in June on the Equinox and while the service was slightly haphazard also with dishes arriving at odd times, the food was good and it was hot. I do feel the standard cost is way too high and I would never pay that. I think we paid $25pp and even at that I didn't feel it was worth it. I can get a lot of really great Chinese food around here for the $175 I paid for 7 people. That place should be $10-$15pp. It would be different if they were serving King Crab or Lobster entrees but they offerings are similar to a fast food buffet at the local mall (kung pao, orange chicken, pad thai, chow mein etc).

Hi Kentucky, we had been to all the islands before and Aruba is one of our favourites. Here's what we did in each:

Aruba (11am - 11pm). Got off ship around 11.30 and headed for Nikki beach, this is a small beach near the airport, lovely and not crowded, also only $6 for a sunbed. We went back to the ship around 3.30, had a shower and change of clothes and headed up towards eagle beach area to a great beach bar called Bugaloe beach bar, this is next to the Riu hotel. Happy hour 5 - 6 and live music from 7pm. Great atmosphere, food and drinks. Got back to ship about 10pm - Great day.

Curacao (8 - 8), had a walk into town (10 mins walk) and did a little shopping. Then we headed to Kontiki beach for the afternoon. Again great day.

Bonaire (7 - 4), we had booked a private snorkelling trip with accompany called Woodwind. We have used them before and are excellent if you like to snorkel, thousands of fish on the reef. The cater for all levels of snorkelers, from beginners to expert, $55 pp incudes food and drinks. Then we had a walk in town, not a lot else to se in town but is very pretty. Again had a great day.

As for the entertainment, I am not a song and dance person but my DW is. She said the production shows were 'ok'. Guest entertainers were Ashley Amber - good (Whitney Houston act), December 63 act (did not see), comedian (did not see) and a guy doing impressions of singers on last night - dreadful, we have seen him before and gets no better. Highlight of the team is Richard Spacey the Cruise director he was excellent. The two house bands were only average, no oomph in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Graeme

Hey there Graeme, where did you go on Kontiki beach - was there a place to get chairs and umbrellas and a bar with food service?

I am on the 10/27 sailing... can you tell me the night of which shows and who the entertainers were that were on your sailing, decent chances they may be the same. Also, was Richard Spacey your cruise director?

See earlier post (5) for guest shows, but the ship singers and dancers did 4 shows, I did not go but my DW did. She enjoyed 2, another was ok and she walked out of the other, don't know which ones though.

Yes Richard was our CD, he was excellent as ever.

Graeme

Hey there Graeme, where did you go on Kontiki beach - was there a place to get chairs and umbrellas and a bar with food service?

We went to the Mambo part and yes we got chairs, bar and food available if I remember correctly, on beach blends into another sometimes:eek:. Wasn't to expensive if my memory serves me correctly.

On the bar side of our cruise we used the sunset bar most days (Nestor, Milton and all staff were very good). On an evening we would have a drink in the Martini bar before dinner (Goose and Jonnie very good - sailed with both before), then we would frequent the sky lounge or the bar on deck 3 (forgot name) depending what entertainment was on after dinner. DW would try to make the show (7pm or 9pm) depending what time we had dinner. I would often get a drink from the Gastro bar as I drink cider and they have a good choice in there but would take it to wherever we were sitting (except sky bar as too far away).

Once again hope this helps.

Graeme

We were at the Martini Bar almost every evening. We didn't have a favorite bar tender, they were all pretty good. With all the drink packages given away on the cruise, the alcohol was flowing at full force. I am not much of a drinker, but did a lot on this cruise. There were a lot of fun people on the ship, we gathered at the Martini Bar every evening. A couple evenings we took over the seating in the back corner & played Cards Against Humanity- definitely a riot. [emoji33][emoji23]A server came over & got our drink orders when we were in that area.

The drinks were not always consistent, but they would make another if someone wasn't happy. If they had the ingredients, they would make whatever you wanted. Lots of shots were poured too, most of the shots were doubles or triples (we didn't ask for doubles or triples, that's just how they were served).

The World Class Bar was quieter, the drinks & bartenders were excellent. It is very bright & some nights had an art auction going on right behind it, so it doesn't really feel like an upscale bar. A few times we got a drink there & took it to the Martini Bar. [emoji846]

We also went to Sky Bar & Oceanview, they were also fine. Depending on what was going on, bartenders would move from one bar to another. I didn't encounter any unfriendly service at the bars. Sometimes the service was a little slow, but that was understandable due to the sheer volume of drinks they were serving.

One thing that was a little odd, several times the bars ran out of bottled water. They did eventually get more, but a bottle of water here & there helps when people are drinking so much alcohol. I didn't run across any unruly guests, but there were a lot of happy people.

We didn't go to the Gastro Pub, which surprised me since we generally spend time in the Irish Pub on RCCL ships. The GP is open and doesn't have a pub feel. Mostly people watching football & MLB playoffs in there. We could see it clearly from the Martini Bar and walked by several times during the day.

Does Celebrity have a games/cards you can use? Did you bring your own Cards against Humanity?

Does Celebrity have a games/cards you can use? Did you bring your own Cards against Humanity?

I brought my own. I don't know if Celebrity has any or not. They can be a somewhat controversial if you know what I mean. [emoji44] I have the original set plus all the expansion packs. We drove to the port so I just brought them all. The 3rd time we played it, I took most of the dud cards out -- the ones people draw & put back or toss to the used pile. If your flying & weight is an issue, I would just take out the duds at home.

We were a little concerned about where to play the game on the ship. We had a suite, the first time we played, I think there were 8 of us, we played in our suite. We looked around at different options and decided to give the Martini Bar area a try. It worked out fine, the couch and chairs were far enough from the actual bar not to offend anyone that might overhear what we were reading (or if we did offend, no one complained to us). The liveliness of the Bar & Centrum drown out our laughter.

I am on the 10/27 sailing... can you tell me the night of which shows and who the entertainers were that were on your sailing, decent chances they may be the same. Also, was Richard Spacey your cruise director?

Yes, Richard Spacey is the cruise director.

The first night was Celebrity Showtime: Jim Colliton (comedian) & December '63, the dancing was Latin Fusion with a DJ in Sky lounge @ 10PM. Below are photos of the bottom of the dailies, they have what the main entertainment events are for the next day. I wrote the day the performances would be beside the info.

I have all but one of the Celebrity Today publications from the 10 day, Southern Caribbean sailing of the Equinox on 10/6 if anyone is interested, I will post them.

Vickie

28bd21677d82edc00774fb38e8ad33c0.jpgdf98d7b20367f2aabf65f6e73844e26c.jpg

We were at the Martini Bar almost every evening. We didn't have a favorite bar tender, they were all pretty good. With all the drink packages given away on the cruise, the alcohol was flowing at full force. I am not much of a drinker, but did a lot on this cruise. There were a lot of fun people on the ship, we gathered at the Martini Bar every evening. A couple evenings we took over the seating in the back corner & played Cards Against Humanity- definitely a riot. [emoji33][emoji23]A server came over & got our drink orders when we were in that area.

The drinks were not always consistent, but they would make another if someone wasn't happy. If they had the ingredients, they would make whatever you wanted. Lots of shots were poured too, most of the shots were doubles or triples (we didn't ask for doubles or triples, that's just how they were served).

The World Class Bar was quieter, the drinks & bartenders were excellent. It is very bright & some nights had an art auction going on right behind it, so it doesn't really feel like an upscale bar. A few times we got a drink there & took it to the Martini Bar. [emoji846]

We also went to Sky Bar & Oceanview, they were also fine. Depending on what was going on, bartenders would move from one bar to another. I didn't encounter any unfriendly service at the bars. Sometimes the service was a little slow, but that was understandable due to the sheer volume of drinks they were serving.

One thing that was a little odd, several times the bars ran out of bottled water. They did eventually get more, but a bottle of water here & there helps when people are drinking so much alcohol. I didn't run across any unruly guests, but there were a lot of happy people.

We didn't go to the Gastro Pub, which surprised me since we generally spend time in the Irish Pub on RCCL ships. The GP is open and doesn't have a pub feel. Mostly people watching football & MLB playoffs in there. We could see it clearly from the Martini Bar and walked by several times during the day.

Hi, we love cards against humanity and were thinking of bringing ours. do they have it on the ship or did someone bring theirs?

Hi, we love cards against humanity and were thinking of bringing ours. do they have it on the ship or did someone bring theirs?

I brought them. -- I posted more info about three posted before this question was posted. It is more detailed, if you want more info, let me know.

Yes, Richard Spacey is the cruise director.

The first night was Celebrity Showtime: Jim Colliton (comedian) & December '63, the dancing was Latin Fusion with a DJ in Sky lounge @ 10PM. Below are photos of the bottom of the dailies, they have what the main entertainment events are for the next day. I wrote the day the performances would be beside the info.

I have all but one of the Celebrity Today publications from the 10 day, Southern Caribbean sailing of the Equinox on 10/6 if anyone is interested, I will post them.

Vickie

28bd21677d82edc00774fb38e8ad33c0.jpgdf98d7b20367f2aabf65f6e73844e26c.jpg

I would be interested in seeing them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums