Just off Equinox Oct 6th Sailing - Any Questions

EtherlyCC

Can you tell me what they charge for the internet on board? Much appreciated! Thank you!

Ours was included with the "4 Perks" we received with our booking. I know they ran some specials, also as an Elite Captains Club member I was eligible for a free 90 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I brought my own. I don't know if Celebrity has any or not. They can be a somewhat controversial if you know what I mean. [emoji44] I have the original set plus all the expansion packs. We drove to the port so I just brought them all. The 3rd time we played it, I took most of the dud cards out -- the ones people draw & put back or toss to the used pile. If your flying & weight is an issue, I would just take out the duds at home.

We were a little concerned about where to play the game on the ship. We had a suite, the first time we played, I think there were 8 of us, we played in our suite. We looked around at different options and decided to give the Martini Bar area a try. It worked out fine, the couch and chairs were far enough from the actual bar not to offend anyone that might overhear what we were reading (or if we did offend, no one complained to us). The liveliness of the Bar & Centrum drown out our laughter.

LOL We played Cards Against Humanity on an Alaskan cruise aboard the Solstice last year. While we were playing, in a quiet public area with seating, a crew member came by cleaning. He overheard some of our play and started laughing and shaking his head. He kept cleaning and cleaning right by us. He finally had to go clean elsewhere but he soon came back and cleaned more in our area, and just laughed and laughed. He was clearly enjoying hearing our comments. I'm sure it was the cleanest (and "dirtiest") area on the ship. ;p

Hi Kentucky, we had been to all the islands before and Aruba is one of our favourites. Here's what we did in each:

Aruba (11am - 11pm). Got off ship around 11.30 and headed for Nikki beach, this is a small beach near the airport, lovely and not crowded, also only $6 for a sunbed. We went back to the ship around 3.30, had a shower and change of clothes and headed up towards eagle beach area to a great beach bar called Bugaloe beach bar, this is next to the Riu hotel. Happy hour 5 - 6 and live music from 7pm. Great atmosphere, food and drinks. Got back to ship about 10pm - Great day.

Curacao (8 - 8), had a walk into town (10 mins walk) and did a little shopping. Then we headed to Kontiki beach for the afternoon. Again great day.

Bonaire (7 - 4), we had booked a private snorkelling trip with accompany called Woodwind. We have used them before and are excellent if you like to snorkel, thousands of fish on the reef. The cater for all levels of snorkelers, from beginners to expert, $55 pp incudes food and drinks. Then we had a walk in town, not a lot else to se in town but is very pretty. Again had a great day.

As for the entertainment, I am not a song and dance person but my DW is. She said the production shows were 'ok'. Guest entertainers were Ashley Amber - good (Whitney Houston act), December 63 act (did not see), comedian (did not see) and a guy doing impressions of singers on last night - dreadful, we have seen him before and gets no better. Highlight of the team is Richard Spacey the Cruise director he was excellent. The two house bands were only average, no oomph in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Graeme

Thanks for this information! We are on the Silhouette next November 2019, with stops in the ABC Islands. Already booked with Woodwind, but am taking notes on your other stops. :D

LOL We played Cards Against Humanity on an Alaskan cruise aboard the Solstice last year. While we were playing, in a quiet public area with seating, a crew member came by cleaning. He overheard some of our play and started laughing and shaking his head. He kept cleaning and cleaning right by us. He finally had to go clean elsewhere but he soon came back and cleaned more in our area, and just laughed and laughed. He was clearly enjoying hearing our comments. I'm sure it was the cleanest (and "dirtiest") area on the ship. ;p

That is funny, always nice to hear people laughing and enjoying themselves.

That's hilarious. :)

2 additional questions:

1. What time were you able to board the ship?

2. Are the rooms ready when you embark so we can drop off our overnight bag before heading up for lunch or do you have to wait until 1 pm to access your room like on RCCL?

Thanks!

2 additional questions:

1. What time were you able to board the ship?

2. Are the rooms ready when you embark so we can drop off our overnight bag before heading up for lunch or do you have to wait until 1 pm to access your room like on RCCL?

Thanks!

There was a Coast Guard inspection that delayed our embarkation process by about an hour on October 6th.

We were supposed to be able to begin boarding at 11. We arrived about 11:30. The lines were long, but we were in a RS, so we bypassed them. Someone else wrote they showed up about an hour later and the lines had diminished.

The rooms weren’t ready until 1 PM.

We were on the same sailing the House band Up and up were not that good in my opinion. Dancing Town were a good party band,however we rarely found them playing at a time to suit us.

If anyone is interested, I posted a daily blog on a uk forum similar to this one, if anyone wants go look for it.

(Not sure what the rules are for posting links on here)

We were on the same sailing the House band Up and up were not that good in my opinion. Dancing Town were a good party band,however we rarely found them playing at a time to suit us.

If anyone is interested, I posted a daily blog on a uk forum similar to this one, if anyone wants go look for it.

(Not sure what the rules are for posting links on here)

Was Up & Up more a band you could Ball room dance too? And was Dancing Town not? Do they do party music and maybe some fox trots, swing, rumba and such at times?

Thanks

Was Up & Up more a band you could Ball room dance too? And was Dancing Town not? Do they do party music and maybe some fox trots, swing, rumba and such at times?

Thanks

Neither had strict tempo ballroom. Up and Up were Danish or Scandinavian? Up beat pop music, ok for a boogie. Dancing Town were the Phillipino Party Band. They did play some Cha Cha and Rhumba and you could pick out an odd Foxtrot but as for Waltz and Quickstep not strictly the proper beat.

We went to the Atrium on the evening that the Big Band Orchestra from the theatre played pre dinner. They were outstanding but again apart from a Foxtrot and ChaCha, the tempo not good enough for ballroom dancing.