Holland America Mariner Department Customer Service Reps

laurap414

But on this thread, and elsewhere on CC (in other cruise lines) the issue comes up about some folks thinking they should be treated special...just because they are good customers. I think its a bunch a bull! I think everyone should be treated well, whether they are 10 Star Mariners or on their first cruise. Just because one has been a good customer..they should not expected to be treated better then anyone else.. That is just being a snob (and that would be the nicest word to describe this kind of person).

I haven't seen anyone here on this thread saying they expect special treatment, though that attitude is rife on other threads on the HAL and other boards ;)

I agree, people should be treated equitably.

I’ve never called them but did receive an email after our last cruise thanking us for our loyalty and congratulated us on achieving another star. They also said they looked forward to our return cruise in March. We have never received unsolicited emails from the Mariners Society. It was nice.

Your experience was the exact opposite of ours. Last March we would become 4 star mariners at the end of the cruise, but had to wait for on board spending to be calculated before knowing how many days we would have. Other than the change to our account online, there was no acknowledgment of the move up. In September, we again sailed with HAL. I thought that perhaps we would receive our 4 star pins on that cruise, but after waiting several days with no pins, I asked at the front desk. After verifying our status, they gave us our pins. There were no congratulations, no thank you for your loyalty, nothing!

Your experience was the exact opposite of ours. Last March we would become 4 star mariners at the end of the cruise, but had to wait for on board spending to be calculated before knowing how many days we would have. Other than the change to our account online, there was no acknowledgment of the move up. In September, we again sailed with HAL. I thought that perhaps we would receive our 4 star pins on that cruise, but after waiting several days with no pins, I asked at the front desk. After verifying our status, they gave us our pins. There were no congratulations, no thank you for your loyalty, nothing!

Apart from some my own and other's experiences, this is an example of why I think the staff on the ships do not like/appreciate the whole Mariner program. They seem to find it a pain and a waste of their time. Maybe it is just individual staff and/or poor training, but this poster's experience is a shame.

Apart from some my own and other's experiences, this is an example of why I think the staff on the ships do not like/appreciate the whole Mariner program. They seem to find it a pain and a waste of their time. Maybe it is just individual staff and/or poor training, but this poster's experience is a shame.

I agree it is a shame. :( Some passengers seem to get "lots of stuff" while others are barely acknowledged.