Concierge Class Guarantee - Worth It?

alyssal01

Currently I have a balcony room that I got through the GTY on an upcoming Summit sailing (leaving in 5 days!!). I noticed today that CC GTY is only $100 more per person ($200 total). Is it worth that price to upgrade? I'm not really sure what the "true" value of CC is to most people or if it's worth spending that money elsewhere on the ship.

Thanks for any advice!!

How long is your sailing? Concierge will give you more points per day, foot stools on the balcony, a welcome lunch on embarkation day, a bottle of sparkling wine and daily delivery of mediocre nibbles around 4 p.m. we like concierge for the cabin locations and the foot stools.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never mind! Celebrity won't let me upgrade for that price - says it applies to new bookings only. For me, it would be $600/person to upgrade. Oh well.

That is definitely too much; keep looking for offers. My cousin did this once and ended up with a cabin that sounded like someone was trying to get in their room at night!...or you could get a great C2 on the slant of the hump...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Concierge cabins on M-class ships are also larger than the regular verandahs. In addition to the things mentioned below there is also the embarkation day luncheon in the MDR, a pillow menu, and an expanded room service menu, a bottle of sparkling wine and two more Captains Club points per night. Everyone has to make their own decisions, but for me, on a 7 night cruise I don't think it'd be worth it. We usually do sail on longer cruises and appreciate the extra room and book concierge or aqua class depending on the difference. For a difference of $200 total for the cabin on a 14 night cruise it'd be worth it to us for concierge class, but not much more. We'd pay a bit more for Aqua, since it includes dining in Blu. But as I said, everyone decides what's important to them. Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip.

Just for future reference, the concierge cabins are worth it if you are trying to earn points towards your captain's club status. It does come with some other perks and I suppose for $100 more pp, it would be worth it for a 7 day cruise. Many times, those guarantee cabins (last minute) don't come with any perks .... sounds like that might be the case with yours. I've seen the last minute sailing prices and have gotten them to upgrade me before on those ... but when I already didn't have any perks so nothing to really lose.

If it were Aqua, I would definitely say it would be worth it ... just so you can try it out. Many more benefits to that .. namely, Blu.