Ship stateroom bathrooms.

keiann

Every cabin, on every ship has a bathroom exhaust fan. There is no switch for it, it runs continually, and is not an individual fan for each bathroom, it is a large centrally located fan that exhausts an entire bank of cabins. The HVAC system is designed to remove 20% of the cabin air volume, per hour, via the bathroom exhaust fan. This is balanced by providing 20% of the cabin air volume, per hour, of fresh outside air that has been air conditioned (partly through being cooled by the exhausting air from the bathrooms). 80% of the cabin air volume is recirculated around the cabin, each hour, through an individual chiller that is controlled by the cabin thermostat.

Sounds like the BR door should be left open when not in the cabin.

Not necessary. We always keep the door closed because the rocking of the ship could make it noisy for neighbors. The bathrooms are designed with humidity in mind and it seems to do a decent job of ventilating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No Vents, it would just take up too much space running them for so many rooms, but open the balcony and door if you have one. Immediate air flush.

Trust me, there are both supply air vent ducts and exhaust air vent ducts run to each cabin. I work on them.

No, there is a gap at the bottom of the bathroom door that balances the air between the supply into the cabin, and the exhaust out of the bathroom. When you flush, if you are standing by the door, you can feel the air flowing around the door.

My husband just asked me if the bathrooms have exhaust fans. I cannot remember since it's been 5 years since my last cruise. Can anyone tell me? Thanks.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Forums mobile app

The head in your cabin will probably have an air "vent". But no fans you could manually switch on. I don't think I've ever had a "switch-able" exhaust fan in any of the heads on the ships on which we've sailed....but I do remember those vents on most if not all of the ships on which we have sailed. Some of those vents have produced interesting sounds.......;)

Oh my word! What ARE you people eating??? It’s not something I’ve even thought about [emoji15].

I always bring one of those “Car Jar” things from Yankee Candle - more because I like the scent - and one of their mini sprays in the same scent and they work just fine. No issues [emoji33]

Oh my word! What ARE you people eating??? It’s not something I’ve even thought about [emoji15].

I always bring one of those “Car Jar” things from Yankee Candle - more because I like the scent - and one of their mini sprays in the same scent and they work just fine. No issues [emoji33]

Who said anything about "scent"? I thought the OP was inquiring because she or he might use an exhaust fan in the head as "white noise".;)

Who said anything about "scent"? I thought the OP was inquiring because she or he might use an exhaust fan in the head as "white noise".;)

Who said anything about “white noise?” Perhaps you need to read the thread again. The OP merely asked whether or not there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom and the thread went from there into the various smells one might encounter in a cruise ship bathroom. SMH!

Who said anything about “white noise?” Perhaps you need to read the thread again. The OP merely asked whether or not there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom and the thread went from there into the various smells one might encounter in a cruise ship bathroom. SMH!

PaperSniper was joking.Hence the winking face.

And as to what "we people" are eating...I don't know about you, but between the rich food and at least occasional beverage, my tummy isn't what it usually is. I'm travelling alone on my upcoming cruise, so no one to offend...well, except my poor cabin steward...:o