Adding a 3rd person to the Cabin advice please.

dirtdobber

Daughter and I have booked and paid for an interior cabin on lvl 6 with twin. At the last min a friend of mine wishes to join. Carnival quoted me a cabin on lvl 2... with an additional charge of 205.00 for the next person to have a trundle. I can't do lvl two as I will be going crazy.. yes paranoid crazy... I asked if they had some thing 6 or above. They said that nothing was available, only one category upgrades were available!!! On deck 8!! Which the ticket price jumped 6 hundred dollars!!! What are the chances the closer it gets to Jan 6th will we get a cabin that will merge with our pricing by at least 2 to 3 hundred dollars? Please someone help... I have only sailed twice before and never needed to know this.. I hope this is better lol as I have just been accused of hijacking someone's thread... oops .. I do apologize. ;)

Daughter and I have booked and paid for an interior cabin on lvl 6 with twin. At the last min a friend of mine wishes to join. Carnival quoted me a cabin on lvl 2... with an additional charge of 205.00 for the next person to have a trundle. I can't do lvl two as I will be going crazy.. yes paranoid crazy... I asked if they had some thing 6 or above. They said that nothing was available, only one category upgrades were available!!! On deck 8!! Which the ticket price jumped 6 hundred dollars!!! What are the chances the closer it gets to Jan 6th will we get a cabin that will merge with our pricing by at least 2 to 3 hundred dollars? Please someone help... I have only sailed twice before and never needed to know this.. I hope this is better lol as I have just been accused of hijacking someone's thread... oops .. I do apologize. ;)

I think another $400 for your friend to enjoy the cruise is worth it. Tell her that is what she has to do if she wants to join you.

Depends on how crowded the ship is... Some ships have numerous open cabins, not all do. We are on the Dream next month. My wife and I in one cabin and 2 of my sons in another (an inside). About 10 days after final payment was due we found out that my 3rd son could join us. At that point, the least expensive (only?) cabin available that would sleep 3 was a Cove balcony. Cost my 1st son's an additonal $100.00 and my 3rd son $657.00 (they split the cost equally). They did get back some in On Board Cash.

Take the nicer cabin and make your “friend” catch all the additional costs.

They’re the ones putting you on the spot and moving in on mommy daughter time.

Actually, I’d just tell them no. Sorry, but no.