hotels that offer water taxis nearby.

kiminey65

I am researching two different cruises this winter 2018 that have our flights arriving into Fort Lauderdale but we are cruising out of Miami and have to stay the one night ahead of the cruise(s) in a hotel. What is happening in my research is I have TOO MUCH info and am now overwhelmed. I'd LOVE LOVE suggestions for anyone who will dispense it to help me out!

I am hoping for a value hotel (under $200 on a week end night. One is a Sunday arrival. The other is a Saturday arrival) that is near a waterway so we might have access to water travel. No car rental, so walking to restaurants or sights is a bonus. With one day only, and a noon arrival the day ahead of our cruise we don't have a lot of time but I'd love to make the best of it!

I can't decide if it's wiser to get to Miami immediately and stay, or just chill out in Fort Lauderdale until the day of our cruise. I might also add we are in our 50's. Not big partiers, but love to people watch. I've heard Fort Lauderdale trends toward being a little cheaper, so I suppose that is a bonus..... Can you tell I overload quickly?? LOL. Please help me!!!!

I doubt that you will find much under $200/night in the winter months in Fort Lauderdale, especially if near the water taxi.

You might try Dania Beach area. Hotels a bit less expensive and many have free shuttles from the airport. Plus, easier access to Miami, via nearby I-95. Not much to do in the area though and dining options are a bit limited (except for lots of fast food places).

Our experience has been hotels run around average $275-350 for a 3 Star in Ft Lauderdale during the winter months in the more popular areas. There is no such thing as a value hotel in FT Laud during winter months unless you stay in less popular areas

Riverfront is near a water taxi and Hilton Marina.

RiverSIDE Hotel, located on Las Olas Blvd, is a good choice. Depending on the date, you might be able to find a room in the original building around that cost. It's a block or so from the water taxi stop and is surrounded by restaurants and small shops.

To be near a water taxi stop, you need to be in the" higher rent" areas.

Check out Valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place Convention Center. Not sure if your date is blacked out, but you get a decent price there for that well located hotel.

RiverSIDE Hotel, located on Las Olas Blvd, is a good choice. Depending on the date, you might be able to find a room in the original building around that cost. It's a block or so from the water taxi stop and is surrounded by restaurants and small shops.

To be near a water taxi stop, you need to be in the" higher rent" areas.

Check out Valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place Convention Center. Not sure if your date is blacked out, but you get a decent price there for that well located hotel.

Oops! Meant to say river SIDE. Just stayed there last week. LOL

Still can’t get the name correct. [emoji79]

Check on Trivago for Seville Hotel. However, it is north along the beach in Fort L. Lots of shopping and beach walking. Quaint but well kept small hotel available for $110 in Nov. We stayed there in early March for $100 with a kitchenette. Less than two blocks to a water taxi stop.

Also never rule out the more expensive places. We are at B Ocean Thanksgiving for a base rate of $115 through a discounter where the hotel is listing well over $200.

My vote is for Riverside as well. Hotel is centrally located on Las Olas Blvd with a lot of shops and restaurants to walk to. There is a water taxi stop right near by. They offer AAA discounts if that helps. The trolley also stops right near by as well. Short distance to FLL airport and port. We took SAS transfer to Miami port with no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk