Mexican riviera

dalgirl

It is time to deploy the NCL ships in the Alaska market with its limited season -

the Mexican market can be done year round.

The shoulder season for Alaska results in a few ship positioning cruises that

combine some southern California ports with the Inside Passage ports.

Something for everyone - a pleasing mix.

Just off the NCL SUN - Vancouver Juneau Skagway Glacier Bay Ketchikan Victoria Astoria and San Francisco.

A crazy question. Why doesn't NCL go to the Mexican riviera in June or November? There are only a few months listed. What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

The Mexican Riv is not the favorite itinerary for many, so most ships do not sail it as much as other places. From April or early May until Sept NCL sails mainly the Med and Alaska. Why they do not sail in Nov I have no idea, probably has to do with supply and demand. For years Carnival has been the line that does Mexico Riv the most.

June through October is the rainy season for the Mexican Riviera (Pacific side). It rains every day, and is VERY hot and humid. Sometimes the extreme heat and rain extends into November. Also - "whale season" (humpback whales) are seen December through March --definitely the best time to be there! --Sometimes mother and baby whales can be seen!! :D

Edited by SeaVee

June through October is the rainy season for the Mexican Riviera (Pacific side). It rains every day, and is VERY hot and humid. Sometimes the extreme heat and rain extends into November. Also - "whale season" (humpback whales) are seen December through March --definitely the best time to be there! --Sometimes mother and baby whales can be seen!! :D

That is one of the reasons I am there in December :)

Well that is a bummer since we will be there on the Bliss next October. Although, I can't imagine it will be worse than what we just experienced a couple weeks ago in Florida in October.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival pretty well captured the market by being there all year.

And I believe Princess does quite a few 7 day ones out of Los Angeles pretty much year round.....in case anyone is "set" on this itinerary.

We have done this trip over 20 times as the convenience is too hard to resist! And if NCL did it more, we could continue to do it....pretty much year round.