What does the From* mean in Cruise Planner?

In my Cruise Planner, just about everything our party might want to buy comes with a From *. For example, a dinner at Chops is From* 35.00 usd. What does this mean? What is the real cost? And can one use the prices quoted for the individual specialty restaurants to figure out if the dining packages make sense or not? The dining packages also come with a From*. This new to Royal cruiser thanks you!

scroll down....

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

In my Cruise Planner, just about everything our party might want to buy comes with a From *. For example, a dinner at Chops is From* 35.00 usd. What does this mean? What is the real cost? And can one use the prices quoted for the individual specialty restaurants to figure out if the dining packages make sense or not? The dining packages also come with a From*. This new to Royal cruiser thanks you!

When you put the item in your shopping cart, you see the actual price.

Edited by Host Clarea

I've never figured that out exactly. I have never tried pricing on the spa. For other things in the Cruise Planner, the from price seems to be what it actually is. The actual price on booking a cruise is usually, much, much higher than the from price.

My thinking on Chops is that a standard dinner is $35, but if one orders the lobster or the dry aged steak that is an upcharge, the price will not be $35.00.

We have gotten the 5 night dining package on Allure twice and we were able to use it at Chops every night we wanted to. The price of a standard dinner on Allure at Chops is $49 but there are a couple of options that add on additional charges. The dining package was definitely worth it for us.