Norwegian!!! Really!!

Lovetocruisefar

whenever these cruise lines and their trusted sales agents tell you a "good deal", always assume they are purposely only telling half of the story and the deal is something you have to jump through hoops to get.

because most of the time, they are.

assume they are skillful liars and you will be less surprised.

whenever these cruise lines and their trusted sales agents tell you a "good deal", always assume they are purposely only telling half of the story and the deal is something you have to jump through hoops to get.

I agree totally !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think perhaps you do not understand what really happened. I do not think anyone was lying to anyone. There was a misunderstanding yes, but it goes a little deeper. :eek:

None of us knows what really happened.

yes, you are right, but my post was directed at people who are saying cruise lines sales people are out right lying. No, we do not know what happened. it is pretty obvious though if you do put 2 and 2 together the situation isn't quite like the way OP is explaining it.

I think of all the times I have cruised, stayed in a hotel, etc and when I was a sales manager for a large hotel chain: never have I been misled on anything. And I would never have allowed any of my agents to mislead a client. I may have misunderstood, which would be my own problem. I have heard agents give bad advise because they didn't totally understand but not because they just lied.

yes, you are right, but my post was directed at people who are saying cruise lines sales people are out right lying. No, we do not know what happened. it is pretty obvious though if you do put 2 and 2 together the situation isn't quite like the way OP is explaining it.

I think of all the times I have cruised, stayed in a hotel, etc and when I was a sales manager for a large hotel chain: never have I been misled on anything. And I would never have allowed any of my agents to mislead a client. I may have misunderstood, which would be my own problem. I have heard agents give bad advise because they didn't totally understand but not because they just lied.

I wouldn't say never. And yes, it is obvious OP is not getting what they were led to believe they were getting.

Edited by ms cider

But since the OP hasn't come back to give us the scoop, I'm betting that the OP was wrong in her assumptions.

I also bet OP were led to believe they were getting something different than they were because the sales team were telling them only part of the stories.

That will probably happen. Just another cruiser blaming NCL for the weather.

I didn't get the sense that the OP was blaming NCL for weather. Your trying to throw a red herring around but read the post again, the gripe is with NCLs handling of it.

I'd be pissed too....and I'd exact a refund from them. I'll spend MY money as I see fit.

I didn't get the sense that the OP was blaming NCL for weather. Your trying to throw a red herring around but read the post again, the gripe is with NCLs handling of it.

I'd be pissed too....and I'd exact a refund from them. I'll spend MY money as I see fit.

If you read the original op post, you will see that they got refund on her/his cruise. What they are mad about is that they did not qualify for OBC from TA because the cruise they tried to book was reduced by a "free" cruise credit that NCL gave them in addition to their refund. I know that a TA we have used in the past only give OBC for full fare cruises.

If you read the original op post, you will see that they got refund on her/his cruise. What they are mad about is that they did not qualify for OBC from TA because the cruise they tried to book was reduced by a "free" cruise credit that NCL gave them in addition to their refund. I know that a TA we have used in the past only give OBC for full fare cruises.

Nothing in the post below states "I received a full fare refund AND a future credit". The OP just states ...they gave me a nice future credit....which could mean the original fare + something for the inconvenience. The OP then states the issue is with how NCL is structuring her use of that credit.

I booked a cruise for Norwegian this past September, they waited til day before to cancel due to hurricanes. They gave me a nice future cruise credit, and told me to feel free to book with whomever I want, and use the credit accordingly. I paid deposit for a cruise next year that included a great onboard credit. Not Norwegian just.called and said if i use Future cruise credit, then the are reducing On Board credit. Thats not cool at all to tell me that after I book!!!!! Bait and switch..

Nothing in the post below states "I received a full fare refund AND a future credit". The OP just states ...they gave me a nice future credit....which could mean the original fare + something for the inconvenience. The OP then states the issue is with how NCL is structuring her use of that credit.

Every one on that canceled cruise got a full refund plus a future cruise credit. So she is not due any refund.

But they did state that they were scheduled for the cruise that was cancelled because of the hurricanes. NCL gave those passengers full refund for the cancelled cruise and then a 50% of the fare they booked in a cruise credit in addition to the refund. You cannot expect a refund for something you did not pay for.

We were too on one of the cancelled cruises, well we weren't as it was cancelled. We got a refund of the cruise fare and taxes. We were sent a letter giving us 50% future cruise voucher. 50% of the fare less taxes. Our voucher only stipulates it must be used in 12 months but they will happily extend it to 24 months providing we call to extend it. There are no limitations listed regarding combineable or other offers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were too on one of the cancelled cruises, well we weren't as it was cancelled. We got a refund of the cruise fare and taxes. We were sent a letter giving us 50% future cruise voucher. 50% of the fare less taxes. Our voucher only stipulates it must be used in 12 months but they will happily extend it to 24 months providing we call to extend it. There are no limitations listed regarding combineable or other offers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not think there is a problem using your credit to "purchase" any cruise promotion that NCL offers. The problem (as I see it) is that the OP was going through a TA the offered OBC to it's clients (above and beyond what NCL offers). This OBC is derived from the TA's commission. Said commission is only paid on the ACTUAL amount spent by the client, no commission is paid on the amount offset by the cruise credit. If the TA is not going to receive full commission on the booking, then they cannot afford to give the full OBC back to the client. If they tried to do that, the TA would be losing money.

I booked a cruise for Norwegian this past September, they waited til day before to cancel due to hurricanes. They gave me a nice future cruise credit, and told me to feel free to book with whomever I want, and use the credit accordingly. I paid deposit for a cruise next year that included a great onboard credit. Not Norwegian just.called and said if i use Future cruise credit, then the are reducing On Board credit. Thats not cool at all to tell me that after I book!!!!! Bait and switch..

Nowhere does this say that a TA was used. I would be ticked off too. Things like this, I'm taking notes with names, dates, times and everything, repeat repeat. Hopefully though, the original conversation recorded or put in writing. If not, good luck on proving it.

Read the small print.

Hey. I finally got results!!!! Great job. They honored everything and then some!! THANK YOU SO MUCH NORWEGIAN!!!

Sorry for delayed response, but it took them a while to sort it out!!

Glad to hear it because the wife and I are considering freestyle cruising ourselves. Not too happy with RCL at the moment so I'm going where the positive energy is.