Lost Pre-Cruise Hotel Option After Booking Air Travel on Website?!.

PSULion101

Has anyone else booked air travel on Celebrity’s website and then lost the ability to see (or book) pre-cruise hotel options? I assume(d) it was the web site having a (temporary) issue, so I gave it a week or so to “correct itself”, but it didn’t. So I called, and they told me I *should* be able to see it, after they reset some setting. But I still can’t see pre-cruise hotels...and they tell me the best they can do is read me my options!?!

Anyone else had this problem, and were you able to get it fixed. Otherwise, I’m just going to make my own arrangements.

I have two cruises booked through a TA. Prior to the launch of the new website I could see air, hotel and transfer options for both. For the last 5 months, since the launch, I can't see anything. They are having particular trouble with those whose reservations are through TAs. The buttons are all greyed out and inactive. It tells me to complete my booking prior to making travel arrangements and to complete pending items prior to checking in. One cruise is checked in, with Xpress pass printed and luggage tags and E-docs received and sails in 29 days. The other is Dec. 2019. This past Friday, the button for air became active, but the rest are still inactive. I've been working with Celebrity and have had multiple communications with the IT department and several calls and a conference call with them (that was in August) but the promises have been many and the results few. I finally made my own travel and hotel reservations because I gave up waiting. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

I believe it is easier to call X about this and get it fixed that way.

Also, it was said you could do it on your own and cheaper, could be true, yet I believe X includes transfers as part of their land options, have you calculated this cost in as well?

Just a thought,

bon voyage

I believe it is easier to call X about this and get it fixed that way.

Also, it was said you could do it on your own and cheaper, could be true, yet I believe X includes transfers as part of their land options, have you calculated this cost in as well?

Just a thought,

bon voyage

Agreed about the cost part, I do however.often use the X cruise site for a reference starting point in researching on my own. Also, when dealing with out of country ports and foreign language it's helpful as a reference. By and large the cost is double since the charge for a hotel reservation is per person and not per night. That difference more than covers transfers.

My guess is that by taking the cruise line air, they assume you won't need a hotel as they will fly you in the day of.

Even when using choice air we fly in the day prior to sailing. Doing that allows for air snafus that happen far too often.