Parking at Cape Liberty

Has anyone parked there? How much walking is involved from the garage to the checkin area. My mom has walking issues, so would I be able to drop her off first and then park?

Anyone use any of the off-site parking companies? Pro/con? How frequent was the shuttle? Etc..

Park at the port. Do not use the off-site lots in Bayonne.

Drop Mom off first. The garage is very close, but it's fine to drop her off, circle around and park, then return yourself to the terminal.

I haven't been there since they built the new lot.

Can you park first or do they still make you drive by the drop-off area first?

When we cruised I was dropped off with all luggage, gave the checked luggage to the porters, and I found a bench with in feet to sit and had both carrons with me. Hubby parked the car in the new lot about 100 ft away, you don't have to go around anymore. It is very easy.

Just got off the Anthem yesterday. We used the terminal parking. It is literally 100 feet from the terminal. Drop off your checked luggage and extra passengers - they can wait for the driver at one of a number of benches they have in the area.

Drive to the garage, take a parking ticket, find your spot and park!

A couple of things to do:

1. Either write your floor number on your parking ticket or take a picture with your phone of the floor number. You likely won't remember when you get back from your trip.

2. Take your parking ticket with you as you pay upon return at kiosks set up outside the parking garage.

I haven't been there since they built the new lot.

Can you park first or do they still make you drive by the drop-off area first?

You drive by the drop off area first, so makes sense to drop bags and then go on to the garage. We always back into a spot so it is an easy pull out. There is also a pick up area on the first level/ground level of the garage. We have a porter get our bags since they have their own line at customs and will also take you all the way to the pick up area of the garage. Our porter has waited to load the car too, though friends had their porter just drop there bags at the pick up area. Maybe having an elderly person one time and someone on a cane the other time made a difference or the tip in my hand could have helped.

The port is great now because of the garage. It runs like a well oiled machine

Drop off luggage.

Drive ahead to garage.

Prepay and park.

And dont let them push you into a spot you dont like just go up another level.

Sure wish more ships would go out of Liberty than NYC.

The port is great now because of the garage. It runs like a well oiled machine

Drop off luggage.

Drive ahead to garage.

Prepay and park.

And dont let them push you into a spot you dont like just go up another level.

Sure wish more ships would go out of Liberty than NYC.

You do not prepay when using the parking garage at Cape Liberty. There are payment kiosks located outside the garage where you pay after the cruise, so make sure you take the parking ticket with you on the ship. After you pay, you then use the ticket to exit the garage.

You do not prepay when using the parking garage at Cape Liberty. There are payment kiosks located outside the garage where you pay after the cruise, so make sure you take the parking ticket with you on the ship. After you pay, you then use the ticket to exit the garage.

Actually they did for a while as I had to swipe my card. They do keep changing but still a good place to park