Carnival Vista Imax Movies

Nothatsyou

Hi all. The family and I will be sailing this upcoming Saturday and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what movies would be playing in the Imax theater. Do we know if they play any family type movies, movies that are still in theaters, etc? TIA!

Just off Vista today. In IMAX there were documentaries and Hollywood movies:

Documentaries:

- A Beautiful Planet (G)

- Born To Be Wild (G)

- National Parks Adventure (G)

- Under The Sea (G)

Hollywood:

- Blade Runner 2049 ®

- Geostorm (PG)

- Jigsaw ®

Let me know if you need any more info

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off Vista today. In IMAX there were documentaries and Hollywood movies:

Documentaries:

- A Beautiful Planet (G)

- Born To Be Wild (G)

- National Parks Adventure (G)

- Under The Sea (G)

Hollywood:

- Blade Runner 2049 ®

- Geostorm (PG)

- Jigsaw ®

Let me know if you need any more info

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is awesome information! Thanks for this!

Can you tell me what the cost is per movie or does it vary by time and which movie I want to see?

That's actually not a bad lineup at all. We went on the first sailing out of the US back in Nov and the movies they had were about 2 months old. Our cruise was 12 days and they had the same 3 old movies for 12.95 trust me those 3 are an upgrade to what we had to deal with lol.

You're right. My bad. Thor is out November 2, though.

When we cruised, Dr. Strange came out the weekend before we left. I was SO excited to watch that on an IMAX on a cruise ship. Imagine my excitement when our choices where Inferno and Jack Reacher 2.

When we cruised, Dr. Strange came out the weekend before we left. I was SO excited to watch that on an IMAX on a cruise ship. Imagine my excitement when our choices where Inferno and Jack Reacher 2.

I can imagine your disappointment, but Jack Reacher 2 would've been good. :D

I can imagine your disappointment, but Jack Reacher 2 would've been good. :D

I was thinking about it but the reviews where bad and I didn't really feel like dropping $13 on a movie my wife didn't want to see. The documentary was cool though

Thanks for this thread. I was wondering if the movies were included or not. I think I will pass. Just got off RCCL Majesty of the seas and saw Wonder Woman for free in their inside showroom. Usually movies are shown on the Lido deck but we were lucky we got cozy comfy theatre type viewing. Didn't even miss the IMAX feel. After spending over $4,000 for this cruise, the movies should be included, IMO.

They have to charge for IMAX.....very limited seating and no way they could accomodate everyone. You know how people are when something is free (entitlement!!). Of course the outside under the stars on Lido deck are free

Not everyone on the ship will go see a movie at the same time especially since it is something you can do at home, anytime. I only went on our RCCL cruise last month because we weren't able to go to the island due to weather. It's just another way to nickel and dime passengers. Has nothing to do with entitlement when you've paid over $4,000 for the cruise! Not a deal breaker for my family but tacky of Carnival to charge a fee.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, we're cruising Vista this upcoming weekend and wondered if the IMAX movie theater is open on days while in port? Meaning, while everyone is off the ship can you enjoy a movie instead?

Thanks!

Yes, at least it was when I went on it a year ago.

No it appears they do not run the movies until evening on Port days. I am just off the Vista.... and the only time they did a morning movie was at 10:30am when we went to Curaccao. We didn;t dock till 1:30pm so thats probably why. On the other Ports days...Movies didn't begin until 5:00pm