Pre-purchased internet

nstra310

I will on the Carnival Conquest next month and would like to pre-purchase the value internet package. If I purchase the package before we leave will I be able to upgrade to the premium plan once I am on the ship? Is there much of a difference in internet speed between the value and premium plans?

On Triumph last year I compared my premium to someone else’s value and the difference was minimal...but I keep getting premium because if I know it will bother me wondering if someone else is faster than me.

Man, I love that attitude! LOL. It's good to see someone can openly acknowledge things like this! :-)

Yes, the website is very confusing. In one place they say all 3 plans will get email, and in another it shows value but not social. Wish it was more clearly defined for people like me (cheap). I have always found it liberating to walk away from internet for a week. Wish I did not one pesky problem out there.

Social internet will give you the Facebook, Twitter type apps. For some reason some push notices and sometime

iMessage will work, you can message though Facebook .

No internet, no e mail and sometimes phone screws up because you are iMessage with out phone internet so Apple closes you down. Until you get internet to reset your account

If you are only using the hub app do you need to get a internet plan?

Internet not needed for Hub. If you want to use the on board chat feature for Hub you will have to pay the $5/device for that, but still no internet needed.

We were on the Fantasy last June and had bought the top tier internet package because we wanted to keep check on our home security cameras. We couldn't get a decent signal in our suite and had to go to the buffet to use it. For some reason Carnival deemed our home AT&T server untrustworthy so we ask & received a refund.

Is there still an option to pay by the minute or for 1/2 hour? I only need to check into SW for

our flights home. We will be on the Glory if that matters.

I believe there is an airport check in computer in the internet cafe, could be wrong put remember seeing a screen with the airline logos. Why not just check in on your smart phone when you get signal.

I believe there is an airport check in computer in the internet cafe, could be wrong put remember seeing a screen with the airline logos. Why not just check in on your smart phone when you get signal.

Thank you. I don't have a smart phone....I'm old school and have a prepaid phone. I will see if I can find out

more information on the airport check in computer you mentioned.

• 8 months later...

From my experiences, the computers in the internet cafe areas require you to have an internet plan to access the web, even to check in or print boarding passes. Sometimes you'll find someone in the Internet Cafe area who will share their access with you, to assist you to check in to your flight.