Jewel of the Seas - couple of questions....

dizzyc

My first ever cruise was on Enchantment this summer and I've booked our second cruise on the Jewel for next Summer, purely because the itinerary is exactly what we want. So how do they compare? They look quite similar when watching you tube videos....

Also, on a you tube video I've just watched it showed a cinema on the Jewel yet I can't see it listed on the website, has this been removed? (I did see there was a refurb in April 2016).

Is the Jewel smaller than Enchantment and if so what am I likely to be missing out on in comparison? To be honest I feel like I made a rushed decision, I loved the itinerary so I booked but now I'm doubting my choice. Some re-assurance would be nice! Thanks

Jewel and Enchantment are similar ships, and since Enchantment was stretched back in 2005, they are closer in total volume, though Jewel is still a bit larger.

Jewel still has the cinema.

Jewel also has the kiddie pool area with slides plus outdoor Windjammer seating.

Jewel and Enchantment are similar ships, and since Enchantment was stretched back in 2005, they are closer in total volume, though Jewel is still a bit larger.

Jewel also has the kiddie pool area with slides plus outdoor Windjammer seating.

Ooh that's good to know, thanks! I thought Jewel was smaller for some reason..... is there any way of finding out what movies they show at the cinema? Are they usually brand new ones or a couple of years old? Not that it matters, but my husband and I do like going to the movies.

Thanks!

Ooh that's good to know, thanks! I thought Jewel was smaller for some reason..... is there any way of finding out what movies they show at the cinema? Are they usually brand new ones or a couple of years old? Not that it matters, but my husband and I do like going to the movies.

Thanks!

The only way to find out the movies is to look for a very recent review. The cruise line does not post the movie list.

It sounds like from your description that you will like Jewel, so don’t worry. She’s a beautiful ship.

The cinema is very popular but small, so get there 20+ minutes early for a good seat. They show popular movies that are recent but not brand new releases. I would characterize them as ones that had just left the full price and/or discount theaters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Please join us in the ALL THINGS JEWEL OF THE SEAS thread and you can see lots of pictures and build your anticipation of the ship. I will be on her for the 3rd time in April. Royal moved Enchantment before I could try her.

My first ever cruise was on Enchantment this summer and I've booked our second cruise on the Jewel for next Summer, purely because the itinerary is exactly what we want. So how do they compare? They look quite similar when watching you tube videos....

Also, on a you tube video I've just watched it showed a cinema on the Jewel yet I can't see it listed on the website, has this been removed? (I did see there was a refurb in April 2016).

Is the Jewel smaller than Enchantment and if so what am I likely to be missing out on in comparison? To be honest I feel like I made a rushed decision, I loved the itinerary so I booked but now I'm doubting my choice. Some re-assurance would be nice! Thanks

What is the itinerary?

I absolutely LOVE the Jewel. My first radiance class ship was Jewel's sister, Serenade. I was surprised to fall in love with the class. I thought, like you, that I chose it for the itinerary and - since it was so port-intensive - it would be fine if the ship was a little disappointing. Quite the contrary. It immediately became my favorite. I've sailed on Jewel twice and have a third cruise scheduled on Jewel in 2019.

As Bob mentioned, the outdoor dining at the Windjammer is HUGE! It's great to eat breakfast out there and watch the ship pull into the dock. All the events are more intimate. Quest is truly participatory (if you choose to) rather than spectator (with no real way to participate unless you're a captain of your section). The 70s show is like a big party, with the "Village People" dancing along with the passengers. The solarium pool area is just lovely and so peaceful. I believe Jewel plays bird sounds, making it seem like you're in nature.

You didn't make a bad decision. You're going to love Jewel!

Bob,

Jewel is Radiance Class ship and Enchantment is Vision Class. While the passenger capacity might be more since the Enchantment was stretched, the main difference is the centrum on Enchantment and the Jewel has the promenade. Jewel is a little bit larger as you mentioned.

Bill

Bob,

Jewel is Radiance Class ship and Enchantment is Vision Class. While the passenger capacity might be more since the Enchantment was stretched, the main difference is the centrum on Enchantment and the Jewel has the promenade. Jewel is a little bit larger as you mentioned.

Bill

Bill, I think you may have mixed up your ship classes. Not sure what Enhancement has, but Radiance class has a Centrum, and no promenade in the center of the ship.

Bob,

Bill

Jewel does not have a Royal Promenade, it has a centrum like Enchantment.

Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like it's going to be perfect and now I've done a bit more research and seen some more videos/photos and read some reviews I am getting quite excited.

My itinerary is Santorini, Mykynos, Athens and Katakolon. My husband and I fell in love with Greece a couple of years ago and we've done a couple of holidays to Zante and Corfu but I also fell in love with cruising after our 1st cruise to the Bahamas so by booking this next one I've got the best of both worlds. I can't wait!

We just got off The Jewel a few weeks ago - Greek Isle Cruise. I thought The Jewel of the Seas was an excellent ship. Loved it! Not too big, nor too small. My opinion.

It's funny, my husband and I didn't know there was a cinema until near the end of the cruise. And then we couldn't find! It's right across from the theater either 4th or 5th floor. Kind of next to the stairs.

Wonder Woman was playing the day we found it. Pretty new release.